Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bar-None

A while back, somebody was asking about information on the Bar-None, as a relative had been a member. I came across this article which may be of interest, especially as the BSA beat 3 Nortons at 34mph!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Hope you all like this....

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Re: Bar-None

It wasn't me that raised the initial query but my father was a member while stationed in Egypt immediately post war so any info on the club is of interest.
A good read

Egypt was definitly the place to have ridden those bikes as I have. Great weather to do it. No one going 100 mph back then.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Here's some more Bar None related stuff, the (repro) cast badges can be bought from Martin Bratby.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Lex,
Here's a badge I picked up for a couple of quid at a car boot a few years ago-
bar none
Its quite a rough casting. Any ideas when and where these were cast?
Cheers, mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Some..or all, of the originals were cast locally in Egypt by the REME workshop that was attached to(available for the use of) the BNC. The aluminium was scourced from wrecked planes...
The BNC was officially sanctioned by the Army and they were also provided with a supply of Avgas. The club continued for a while postwar after the return to the UK so no doubt more badges were produced here. I have been told that there were various patterns of the badge...one including a palm tree as well as the pyramids...Ian

Mick nice to see another type of badge!

My info is the same as Ians, exept that the badges were cast from shot down enemy planes, one of the founding members is still alive in Huddersfield, he had an original badge, but lost it, so I gave him a repro, here a picture of Derek in 1947.

There's also a little booklet for sale about a former B-N member, you can order it via his son: rob.gaskin@tiscali.co.uk
cost is 5 pounds or so.
Cheers,

Lex

An new addition for the "Bar None" thread from Netley Marsh AJ, an ash tray inscribed "FIRST TRIAL 1950","2ND CLASS AWARD A.WELLER".

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Great find, have three Matchless from there. Two from Alexandria. One from Behera.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Rob, that confirms my badge (see above) is postwar!

Lex

ps, did you take up smoking yet???

Nieuwe pagina 1