Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Where to get some inner tubes, UK

I was just about to go on a nice ride on saturday and picked up a 4 inch nail at the fuel station, I'm all out of inner tubes for my K70's 3.50 x 19's, could anyone suggest a good place to buy a few so I can replenish the stock, I'll patch up the old one but will by at least two new. Cheers.Front and rears are the same right...

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: Where to get some inner tubes, UK

Hi Kit, any modern bike shop would be your best bet, but don't buy the "good quality" ones like Ian does, both of his bikes had punctures on the 65th Normandy tour.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

How ironic is that?...Haven't had a puncture for years and have one in BOTH of my bikes in one trip. I don't blame it on my Michelin heavy duty tubes though...the first one was a 2" nail and nothing can stop that...The second was Rob's fault...I wouldn't have pulled into that lorry parking area if his bike hadn't gone wrong!... ...Ian

It had slipped my mind that it was my fault and I do remember the irony of us both standing by the side of the A35 with a spare tube each and no pump

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

If anyone gets in a bind for 19inch tubes just use an 18 inch one which are much more common. I've had one on my bike for 6 years now!

Thanks, I thought it ironic that the one time I go out without spares, tools and thought "pahh I'll just top up here" even though it was on the wrong side of the road I get one.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Hi Kit

I purchased some 19 inch tubes from a firm down at Beaulieu who were at Netley Marsh last year. You can find them at www.vintagetyres.com. Check out their site.

Jon

email (option): windrush856@waitrose.com

i had a lot of trouble with punctures twice in one day i was told it was cheap east europian tubes i was told to buy inner tubes that were made for dumper trucks had no problems since oh!! this was for my landrover

Nieuwe pagina 1