Comment
DESERT COLOUR

Hi can anyone tell me the right paint code for
desert colour paint? and when to buy it from
thanks keith.

email (option): keith@qualitychrome.co.uk

Re: DESERT COLOUR

Hi Keith,

I have a 1941 North African M20 that had the desert tan underneath a coat of bronze green. I had the desert tan copied by Sherwin Williams (automotive paints division) here in the U.S. and they did an excellent job. The paint code is probably of no use to you, but if there is no other way I would be happy to send you a sample card with the color that could be matched by any automotive paint supplier.

I also think that Ian Wright might be able to help you.

email (option): jrosson86@att.net

Hi Joe thank you for your information i will try and see if someone in the uk can help with the paint code
but if know i take you up on your offer of the sample card! thank you Keith.

keith i have emailed you a picture of my sand coloured bike hope it might help

I think most of the military paint suppliers in the UK offer an allied "Desert" colour paint but I'm not sure how accurate they are.

You could try Jeepparts, Cobbaton Combat or Frank Burberry.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

When I decided to paint my Triumph 3HW in desert trim, I looked at the allied colour on offer, and didn't like it. I found it too garish and almost a primrose yellow. I'd always quite liked the colour Ian has done his desert M20, so I followed suit. The colour here is a German colour available from 'Jeep Parts UK' called 'Dunkelgelb' which translates to Dark Yellow. It's a sort of stone colour which I know I have seen stated as a British colour somewhere. I think it's a bit more subtle than the other colour on offer. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

I have several 1943 British jerrycans in a British desert yellow colour. If need be, I can taklke one to beltring for you to analyse the colour. Afterall it is only 4 1/2 months to that show, and the paint job should last a decade or plus. So if you want it right and in a colour that you like, to complicate things: there was a war on, and despite the attempt to have a standard set of colours in usage by the War Office, with shortages and different manufacturers there also seem sto have been a set-up to indicite the colour range within the produced ciolour had to lay.

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Hi Rob and the rest of you guy's thank you very much
i got a lot of leads to work on now!! hopefully i get the right paint! cheers Keith.

Nieuwe pagina 1