Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
speedometer

Hi everyone . Does anyone anywhere have a spare WM20 speedo in any condition? even totally knackered would do , as I know at least one person who reconditions speedometers professionally . Im happy to pay whatever reasonable price anyone asks if there is anyone out there who could help . Thanks , Leif , Wales .

email (option): leifevans75@yahoo.co.uk

Re: speedometer

There are a few on fleabay uk at the moment, Smith 85 MPH with brass bezels, if you find a spare brass rim I'm after one of those..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

A lot of the earlier chrome rims are brass if you can get the chrome off, I have a rim where the chrome has been taken off of the sides of the rim just leaving the chrome on the top why I don't know,I'll see if I can get the chrome off.

A 'dechromed' civvy bezel will do the job fine if you are not the sort to lie in bed on a night worrying about exact details. The military bezel was (unfortunately) a different pattern. Civvy ones are angled up to a 'sharp' edge...military ones have a radius on the upper rim. Taking of the sharp edge makes the civvy one look more like the WD type...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus,com

I think that some of the speedo repairer's can supply replacement brass rims to the correct size....worth an enquiry ?

When new, WD-issue speedo's were fully painted, including the rim/bezel. If you want a factory-fresh appearance, go for fully painted.....the one fitted to my Ariel came brand new painted overall and bearing the WD issue and Smith's labels, still in the box of issue (I bought it in 1980 for £12.50 though !)....if you have a chrome one you only really need to worry yourself if the paint chips off....

Nieuwe pagina 1