Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
C.6653 Pictures

Does anybody have any pictures showing Nortons from contracts C.6653 or C.7353 (with the pannier toolboxes) as the picture below?

Photobucket

email (option): ferrarakias@hotmail.com

Re: C.6653 Pictures

I've got loads Kostas. Are you looking for any particular views or census numbers ?

My 16h is from contract V 7353 and should have these tool boxes. Alas, it was restored many years ago when we didn't take so much notice of contract details and has a later war rack. I have 2 toolboxes, which I think a repro but they are both for the same side. I need the rack and mudguard stays if anyone can help out. Cheers, John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

John, a large part of C/V 7353 didn't have the pannier tool boxes. Although they were in the parts list, period photographs show that their use ceased before the canvas panniers came on stream. What is your frame number ?

I can find consistently no fitment of the pannier toolboxes after about W32000

Jan (Rewdco) can make early pattern carriers and mudguard stays. His jigs were formed around my original examples.

John Tinley
My 16h is from contract V 7353 and should have these tool boxes. Alas, it was restored many years ago when we didn't take so much notice of contract details and has a later war rack. I have 2 toolboxes, which I think a repro but they are both for the same side. I need the rack and mudguard stays if anyone can help out. Cheers, John

John, I could use a good right hand side toolbox if you have one spare or just the special screw that keeps the toolbox closed.

Rik, would prefer a war picture of my 16h C4317795 but it's a long shot so anything close would be nice!

email (option): Ferrarakias@hotmail.com

I have 2 left side toolbox will swapp 1 for a right side.

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Hey Kostas, here's one for you-
Photobucket
Its C4389892, so slightly later. The DR is Reginald William Durier. He was in a survey regiment in the eighth army, under Col. Bellamy. He went right through North Africa and Italy, and presented to both Montgomery and the Pope! Also mentioned in despatches for getting his detachment of 56! DRs through a skirmish at Salerno without loss. I could go on!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Do you know where the picture was taken Mick?...Does't look like Salerno or the Popes house.. ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus,com

Hi Ian, the pic was taken in 1942 at Llanidloes, Radnoshire, where all his training took place. The house behind his was the Twyfern Inn. I've been told its still there, but the name has changed.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Nieuwe pagina 1