Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Insurance (UK) Found a great quote...

Hi All

BSA's - sure some of us pay very little, mine is with Footman James on a classic policy, as BSAOC Member I get a small additional discount and it comes in at £130 a year fully comp or somthing, which I'm quite happy with.

But my '96 Speed Triple is up for renewal. She's 885cc, I'm 38, 2 years no claims, its locked up at night, no points (I'm either very jammy,not trying hard enough;-)

Anyway, £325 via Footman James, hunting about found CIA Insurance, apparently a French Company trying to break into the UK, aniother mate is with them on his 675. After a short call £186 fully comp, £139 cheaper or..the BSA now costs me nothing to insure compared to last year, so it might be worth checking with these guys your other bikes, I didn't ask for the M20, but will when its for renewal. Hopefully that little tip might have save some of us a few quid.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: Insurance (UK) Found a great quote...

Kit. I think your doing something wrong somewhere, I have six classic bikes on with Footman James & mine doesn't cost me that much. I think its just over the hundred not quite sure exactly at the exact amount but I know its not that much, all fully comp national & international recovery & I get damn good service from them.

TTJohn

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

I'm with Roadsure. Every time I add another bike to my policy they add £25-£30 depending on value. That is for fully comp on the road. It's possible I might be getting a discount for a collection?? I've been with them for over 25 years since they used to be AC Miles and the owner was on the management committee of the MVT.... But I don't query it. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It'll be the Speed Triple that is making the difference on Kits policy...he should have bought a (much slower) Sportster...that only added £14 to mine ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus,com

Who with Ian ? National Farmer's Union ?

Actually, I'm just jealous of UK insurance prices and the wide availability of cover.

Four bikes with Carol Nash (2 Triumph 750s, a BSA WDM20, a BMW R80ST, agreed values, Euro breakdown recovery, garaged, London, £140 per annum.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

4 bikes M20 B31 B40 and a 2009 triumph bonneville £146 last year carole nash

Footman James. Discount for the AOMCC.
I am not sure whether they offer this modern/classic policy, without the club membership.

04 enfield
01 triumph bonneville
84 harley ironhead
68 Bantam
67 cj750
63 Ural outfit
54 ariel vh
47 ariel vh
40 enfield wdco

£268 fully comp, roadside recovery and my wife, on the policy, who is 14 years younger with an accident history.

Only got two bums, but it's the modern stuff knocking up the price.

email (option): madoc500@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1