Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HT Lead Bits

Hi All,

I'm about to order some new parts from Draganfly again.

The mag is all cleaned up and tested, pick-up is in place.

Im ordering a new plug (NGK B6HS), an Acorn Nut, Split copper washer for the pick-up side, an un-suppressed plug cap (A5-90) and of course some HT lead.

Couple questions - what length HT lead am I likely to need - and does anyone reccommend anything else? Like perhaps a rubber cover over the acorn nut?

Thanks in Advance.

Andy

email (option): adh325@hotmail.com

Re: HT Lead Bits

Hi Andy...If you are intending to use the bike in all weathers it is best to fit the rubber 'jonny' over the acorn nut. Also smear a little Vaseline on the brass washer before fitting the nut to the pick up.
I run a 'long' HT lead. I take it backwards and up the saddle tube, under the top frame tube and then down to the plug. That looks tidier to me and prevents any possibility of the lead resting against the (hot) cylinder head....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus,com

Thanks Ian, the longer route sounds a good idea. Roughly how long do you think it is? About a couple of feet or something?

Cheers,

Andy

email (option): Adh325@hotmail.com

andy you will find most companies sell it in metre lengths the green spark plug co do all the bits you may need inc a rubber look alike ht lead

The best stuff to use is Hypalon with a copper core as it is very soft, just like the old rubber type it "hangs" better and is far superior to the old rubber stuff.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Nieuwe pagina 1