Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
handlebars

Hi just bought a wm20 in bits and it's my first go at doin a motorcycle from 1940 lot of questions to ask!!
first of many i got two set's of handlebars what length should they be? any help would be appreciated
thanks keith.

email (option): keith@qualitychrome.co.uk

Re: handlebars

Hi Kieth..I will have to measure the M20 bars to give you a definite figure...from memory about 28-30" but I'll check that and post again. The WDM20 bars are particular to the military model and do not share the same bend as any others...can you post a picture of them?....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus,com

Did the early WD (1939-40) handlebars had the internal / straight pull ignition and trottle mechanism inside the bars, like the prewar civilian type?

Thanks in advance, Michiel

Hi Ian thank you for having a look for me i will e-mail you a photo of the bars (fri) and see what you think? thanks keith.

Glad to see that you're getting an answer from the horse's mouth Keith.

Are you connected with the 'Quality Chrome' being recommended on the Norton Owner's forum ? Can you do dull chrome ?

Hi yes i own quality chrome we do polish nickel/chrome
none polish parts (dull chrome) polish nickel for old vintage motorcycles cars ect!! thanks keith.

Keith, dull chrome as used on pre and early war bikes and extensively on Nortons is quite a problematical finish to obtain these days. I'm sure that if you could post photos of samples there'd be quite a lot of interest here. Apart from anything else, many of us are happier dealing with someone in the hobby.

Has it been made more difficult by environmental rules or is it simply (!) a matter of plating over dull nickel ? Many chromers try to get away with some sort of satin finish and that isn't it at all.

Hi Rik i try and get some photo's on next week the environmental rules are not too bad! but the health and safety side well let's say paper work,paper work and more paper work!! if you like to see some of the work we do look on our web site www.qualitychrome.co.uk thanks Keith.

These are my bars. I'm quite sure they are originals. They measure 28 1/4". Ron
PS I have saved your website for future contact

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron thank you for the size i have a look at them!
look's like you got a lot of bike's very nice!!.

Hi Ian have you got a e-mail address so i can send you the photo's of the bars (how do you get photo's on the forum been trying but can not see anything to add photo's?) thanks Keith.

you need to open an account with photobucket which is free and you can add them to the forum from there

Hi Roger thank you will go and try it!!

Hi here is a photo of the handlebars which one is rigth? if any or if anyone got a set for sale!
thanks keith.
Photobucket

Nieuwe pagina 1