Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interesting machine on e-bay

I thought some of the forum members may be interested in taking a look at this machine.How would you get it round a corner?I guess it must be a combination of slowing one track and conventional steering.
e-bay item no:330527870097

email (option): sally_jones@btinternet.com

Re: Interesting machine on e-bay

Well it's a standard German Kettenkrad. Famous during the war but also built post war. They are conventional track steer. In fact you can completely remove the front wheel as it doesn't have a great deal of effect on the steering. If you find one in your Granny's garage, you should be able to retire young Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Reserve not met at 81,000 dollars. WOW. Had no idea how pricey these were. Much rather have a Humber for that price.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

If we're talking Humbers, a nice Snipe would do me fine at a tenth of the price.

Anything 'Nazi' fetches a premium. I suspect that it's not all to do with technical interest in the vehicle.

The Kettenkrad as well as the Schwimwaggen are like Hen's teeth and fetch a premium price, though the Swiss Fire Brigade used some post war for inaccessible lake side fire (Schwimwaggens that is).

A Schwimwaggen was for sale, ex museum, at around 175,000 Euros. I'll have two.......

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

it has had 50 bids so far it need a bit more than a little tlc i think

Nieuwe pagina 1