Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pannier frames

does any one know where you can get the larger style wing nuts for the side arms of the wd pannier frames???,im making some sets at work and am having trouble finding the right looking wing nuts,cheers

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

Re: pannier frames

Hi Adrian
I have some here if you need them as copies, back in uk again thursday eve
Text if ye need them
Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

hi john,cheers for that,its just that im making about ten sets of frames so will need around forty of these wing nuts and being larger than the modern types there a bit hard to find but i will keep looking,cheers mate

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

Hi Adrian..My M20 has the larger type of wingnut (on its original carriers)..however, I bought some NOS carriers for the WB30 and these had the smaller ones.It seems both sizes were used...Ian.

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Ariel used the same type of wing nuts on the rear brake of the rigid/early plunger models, with the same thread(1/4x 26). Available at your usual Ariel outlets.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

the wing nut is recessed so that the thread has a small fibre washer to stop the wing nut coming off can send some photos if you like

Hi Roger,

I'd like a few pics of the pannier wingnuts & fibre washers please. I'm trying to get my bike back in shape. I bought it outta the crate in 1970, sold it when I joined the Navy. Four years later I found the bike in a garage sale.

I'm looking for all sorts of pics on details, like mounting the tool box. I need the tool box mounting strap if you have one spare.

Cheers,

Robb

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Well Robb, you're lucky I just bought 1 set of these wing nuts, have never seen them on the loose before!

The bolts are normally slightly peened, so the wingnuts cannot fall off, and see the drilled out bit on the back, so they can be loosened far enough.

Hope this helps,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thanks for the pics. They do help. Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

There is a dimensioned sketch of the toolbox mounting strap on the Technical Info page of the website!

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Hans WDM20 58764
There is a dimensioned sketch of the toolbox mounting strap on the Technical Info page of the website!

Sorry Hans, but I fail to see what this has to do with the wing nuts??

Lex

Hi Alex..Earlier in this thread Robb noted he was looking for the toolbox strap dimensions...and what about the smaller wingnuts?...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
Hi Alex..Earlier in this thread Robb noted he was looking for the toolbox strap dimensions...and what about the smaller wingnuts?...Ian

OK, I see now, but I'm not going to show anyone my small nuts!

Lex

roger
the wing nut is recessed so that the thread has a small fibre washer to stop the wing nut coming off can send some photos if you like

Roger, yes some pictures please, specially of fibre washers, just looked at some pairs of panniers, and they all have lock washers on them, see also the big/small nut, and 2 types of lock washers:

Cheers,

Lex

Nieuwe pagina 1