Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Battery case update

I have one 1944 dated battery case left from the current batch...Everyone who has contacted me so far is accounted for and I have e mailed most.
The speed with which they disappeared this time rather caught me out but I have ordered another batch so there will be more in a few weeks if anyone missed it this time....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: Battery case update

If anyone's in a desperate hurry and Ian runs out completely, I have a spare unused 1944 case which I could send on.

My rebuild took so long that Ian had made the 1940 type before I used the case that I'd bought from him.

Ian, could you arrange to make me a spare lid with the next batch ?

Have you commissioned 1939 dated yet ?

I can give you a lid Rik. I've found a couple of original lids and they fit on Ian's box's so I've got two spare ones. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Top man Ron,

I've got a complete 1944 case but I cracked the lid on the 1940 unit when the blasted thing fell off that stupid frigging field stand. It seems a shame to rob a lid and have a useless case left over.

Rik the latest WO directive, is to connect the field stand to the frame with a 2011 cable tie, and pretend its not there. I'll look for the best top today. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Maybe a stupid question, bud wath is a lid?? here in the Netherlands it means something wath totally not have to do with bikes

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

Een deksel.

Ik ben lid van een motorclub. That's got something to do with bikes.

Nothing rude !

Ja, gewoon een mannelijk lid van de club

Sorry, non-Dutch speakers

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Daar gaat weer zo'n "lid" op een motorfiets.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Non Capisco!..Ian

Sorry Ian, a very short introduction in Dutch-speak.
"Lid" means "member" of a club, but it is also used to identify an essential part of the male anatomy.
Like in US-speak: a "Johnson" is a rather nice WW2 semi-automatic rifle, but also that male part

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

To make it easier, that essential part of the male anatomy can also be used as an ugly word what would translate to Arse in English.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

On a serious note....! Accessories fitted to WD motorcycles in production or held in workshop stores were generally manufactured before the bike itself....

So a 1942 M20 would not look odd with a 1940 or 41 dated battery box fitted....

Some WD batteries were robust enough to last several years in military service before binning or reconditioning....

Always go for an earlier date and fit to later.....

1940-41 is good enough to fit to the remainder of WW2 production....by 1941 all civvy production had ceased and WD products were all that was produced....

ooops. I chose a 44 battery from Ian for my 43 bike... Oh well. Next time theres another run I guess I will get a early one.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

I shouldn't worry too much Michael...in REME workshops it seems M20s could end up with anything from any year fitted to them!..Ian

That was my line of thought. I figured if it needed a replacement a 44 dated one seemed like a possible replacement. I am after an "as used in the war look". Not as off the assembly line look.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1