Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Message for the Aussies

Are any of the contributors from the Colonies familiar with the M20 built by Bill Gough in the sixties?..This home tuned machine achieved a speed of 104mph on a beach somewhere in Oz and for quite a while was the fastest sidevalve single.
The bike has been restored and is kept in a museum now....Some up to date close ups of this bike would be most appreciated if any of you know of its current location... ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: Message for the Aussies

Ian, there is an article in a magazine 'somewhere' in my mountain of bike mags.

I tried to take a photo of the pictures in there once with pretty lousy results. Here is one of the better ones that shows the twin carb set-up.

I don't know where the original bike is currently but I'll try and locate that magazine and scan the article for you.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

Ian Wright
Are any of the contributors from the Colonies familiar with the M20 built by Bill Gough in the sixties?..This home tuned machine achieved a speed of 104mph on a beach somewhere in Oz and for quite a while was the fastest sidevalve single.
...Ian

Ian I am at pains to point out Australia Has Not been a colony for over a Century
the museum is here http://www.namt.com.au in Launceston on the Little Island
and the photo on the website has been sent to you by email as this one is truncated
2011-02-13

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Thanks Ray..but I also have that article so no need to spend any time at it on my behalf.
Ron..Also thanks for the info and picture...strangely, Launceston, England is only about 15 miles from where I live....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Ian
If launceston Tasmania was only 15 Mile from home I would go and take some photo's for you unfortunaly its a 9 hour drive and a 12 hour ferry from home so perhaps there is someone in tasmania to get you the photo's but thats life. and as an aside hows the postage quote for my sump gaurd going the money is burning a hole in my pocket as well as the exchange rate being favourable

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1