Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for photos

Im looking for photos of WW2 British motorcyclists/DR's camping. Did they sleep dug in next to bikes? Any photos of motorcyclist in camp. Trying to have an authentic camp at the next event. I have thought of using my motorcyclist coat as a shelter. Looking for ideas. I am also interested in any photos showing the various things they carried on or in their bikes. What was kept in panniers and on the cargo rack?

Cheers,

Michael

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Re: looking for photos

tent

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Henk, do you think he might have a challenge balancing the 'box, large -writing' on the rear carrier?

I also love the safety cap and goggles - that particular bit of headgear would get the constable going today.

On a serious note - great photo.

email (option): rays54@hotmail.com

no ray the bike goes in the box

Here's a couple from the Desert, though the gear is probably the same.......

Photobucket

Norton 16H - Hathazari, East Bengal

I will see if I can find some more, Hope these help.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

The first photo of the desery pair shows a BMW R12 and I think a German tent, the side cap the chap is wearing also looks a little on the German side also ?
Regards Gary

Yes many thanks for the photos. If you find more please send them. I am trying to get ideas for my camp at the next event.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

It was a Brit unit with some captured German & Italian Bikes, It's possible that in the fluid desert war they 'inherited' a lot of German kit. Sorry about that, as i know it was Brit stuff that was needed. I'm not really up on the material, just love bike photos.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1