Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WD Battery boxes

I received a batch of WD battery cases today...any one who has one on order I will be contacting them in the next day or so. If anyone else needs one I have 1940 and 1944 dated boxes while stocks last!...Price is £26 plus shipping...e mail me direct if you need one.
I also have pre war Triumph tank instrument panels available now (bakelite type) for Tiger 80, Speed Twin etc...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: WD Battery boxes

Ian, can you send me a picture of the instrument panel, please? And the price?

Also, if the instrument panels are for pre-war Speed Twins/Tigers, etc, does that mean they're for the small tanks exclusively? Or will they fit the larger tanks on the post-war rigid/tele Speed Twins?

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine,com

Re: WD Battery boxes

Hi Danny...I'll have to check on the post war models to establish whether the panel is the same. Pre War Tiger 100s had a larger tank than the other models but still used the same panel so it is a possibility. Price for the panel is £26 plus shipping...I'll send you a picture...Ian

Re: Tank panels

Ian, what exactly are the tank panels made from?

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Danny, I found the 3H panel and the 1940 Speedtwin panels to be the same.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Hi Danny...It is a hot moulded material used in the car industry to some extent for prototyping work. It's colour fast over extended time periods, unlike cold pouring resins which some replica parts are made from. An advantage over the Bakelite originally used is its higher degree of flexibility under abnormal loads..it won't crack like the originals unless seriously abused...Ian

Thanks Henri, Ian.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: WD Battery boxes for Ian

Hi Ian, send you a mail for the boxes received it??

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

I've sent you an e mail Bram...Ian

Ian, Wonder if my e-mails get to you?
I'd like another '44 box. Would you have another one? If you haven't yet shipped the first box could you combine posting of both the boxes? Do let me know if I could have another one and the revised posting -if any- and I'll arrange for payment to be made accordingly. Regards, Hank

Hi Hank...I have mailed you....Ian

Nieuwe pagina 1