Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
"Soldier" The British Army magazine

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: "Soldier" The British Army magazine

The second bit urban legend or true story ? Probably a bit of both ! Nice pic and cutting, Rob.

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

Re: "Soldier" The British Army magazine

I know a Canadian DR. I speak to him sometimes and ask questions about the war. here are some more first hand stories.

Here is the last e-mail
" about why we rode on the gas tanks, well we found if you find the center of gravity,which is the exact middle of the bike, you would find the ride to be less bumpybecause of the weight transfer to the middle of the bike, which happened to be on the gas tank.Yes we had a code never to talk about the close calls, we had a lot of fatal accidents due to night riding without front light. Blackout in effect throughout the country.
We were too light to detonate a heavy mine but string mines were on most roads.We generally took to the fields.Most of us were fortunate, most of life was luck in those days.
Memories are fading but everytime I see a bike I always speak to the rider and exchange stories.
I wish we had the equiptment that is in use today, it would had made our work that much easier.
Take care riding.
Wilf"

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1