Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cutaway WM20 oil pump

Slowly dismantling the cutaway engine. Removed the cylinder from the motor, crankshaft fully operational, also removed the cutaway oil pump today and after some minor cleaning, it is fully operational. Rotating that is!
Photobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Cutaway WM20 oil pump

I'm so envious...I'd love to have a sectioned M20 ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Hi Henri, here's a rather poor pic of the pump in my cut away engine. What surprises me is the fact that the cut away mag on mine still sparks.
Photobucket
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Same on my cut away 16H Mick.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Same on my cutaway 16H engine, good spark too! only need to make a sparking cutaway spark plug now, there's only the main body bit left in the cyl. head.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Thats nice, Lex, begs the question how many cut away engines and/or gearboxes etc are there out there?
Lets have a count!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

As we probably all suspect, the majority of these cutaway WD engines originate from military instructional schools.....the book "The Winged Wheel Patch" by Ken Messenger shows at least one photo of Canadian DR's in a classroom with a cutaway engine...??

Some of these items lingered on long after the bikes they related to had gone from WD service.....

In the late-1980's I obtained a cutaway Triumph TRW engine from a military technical school that had sat underneath a workshop bench for years (it was heading for a skip)....

A friend of mine (REME) was taught about basic engine principles using a cutaway M20 engine in the 70s. Although engines had changed the 4 stroke cycle hadn't so I guess the engine still served its purpose!...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1