Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Reilly's Triumph TRW in it's original crate,,,,,,,,,,

http://www.burtonbikebits.net/triumphtrw.htm

Interesting video presentation of a crated TRW and its opening.

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: John Reilly's Triumph TRW in it's original crate,,,,,,,,,,

Not to be opened until required for use

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Yes, had seen it before, but what I don't like about it, is that they are ruining the crate, I would be a lot gentler with it, so it could always be put back in the crate.

But altogether nice that the chap, a WWII veteran can ride around again.

Have seen a Crated TRW before at the Hershey swap meet in PA, they were asking 30.000 dollars!!!

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Ok, you're going to love this. A mate of mine who owns a local bike shop, went to Ashchurch army camp (England) near me, when they were having a clear out. This must have been early to mid 90's. He bought an M20 in the crate, dated 1940. It came with brand new bags dated 1940 which looked far too clean and new and it also had a stencil to apply the number and a tin of paint. He bought it for £800..!
He used to have it sat at the back of his shop. When he finally parted with it, it had 1500 miles on the clock and it went for £2500. This was late 90's. I'll ask him if he has any photos of it. If it had been me, I would have kept that bike forever. I still go on about him selling it now. A brand new 1940 bike..! You'll never find another.

email (option): horror@blueyonder.co.uk

very nice yes i would have taken it out of the crate and used it but this must have devalued it the best thing was to drill some holes in the box and looked at it with an endoscope some time ago i read about a chap who had lots of hondas mint and boxed cardboard ones

I saw a BSA WDM20 in the crate at the Antique Motorcycle Assn. meet in Wauseon, Ohio back in the late '80s-the owner had removed a portion of one side, and put some chicken wire over it, so you could look in, but not reach. Regrettably, I didn't take a photo, so this becomes just an unprovable story. I've been to Wauseon almost every year since, but never saw it again-at least not in the crate. I suppose someone eventually got it out and assembled it and put it into operation. Considering what I remember of its condition, I wonder now if it was not new, but only packed for shipping. Who knows?

email (option): m20wc51@yahoo.com

Nieuwe pagina 1