Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Business trip to Moscow

I went on a busness trip to Moscow last week. I took this video of me on a borrowed bike trying to get to a meeting on time. Ron

http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/intelligencerreport/high_speed.html

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Business trip to Moscow

Phew... Yes, well, It's a bit faster than an M20 innit. Riveting stuff!

Surprisingly few bikes seen in Moscow, a horrible place to have to drive !!

Being a bit mental just might help methinks !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

In the name of Stalin!....Your a Hero of the Revolution Ron... but it will all end in tearsky...or a trip to the No6 'Mother Russia' Peoples Hospital...I need a Vodka after watching that...Ian Nockabollockoff .

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Moscow seems a lot nicer these days since it changed from "Black & White" to colour.

And I'm looking forward to Normandy, can't wait to see Ron's extreme filtering around the Bayeux ring road

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

That turned my stomach over in places, and he never even clipped a mirror. What must be the life expectancy of someone who rides like that?

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

About the same as a Moskovitch car..a few months ..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

ron while you were there did you not try and get the russian government to release some of their brand new M20s or some of their stock of spares they still have WW2 T34s in supply depots

A wimp if ever I saw one.....

The original lunatic at this type of thing - was a good few years ago .... he's known as Pascal the black prince or Ghost rider - for good reason .... he's no longer around...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39UC1_yEhnI

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

Anyone who rides with virtually no margin of safety obviously doesn't value their own life..or is suffering from the delusion that 'it won't happen to me'.
I'm sure there are many other similar people currently residing in pine boxes around the globe.
I was 17 the first time I met one of these..he didn't see 18. I remember the night well and it wasn't pretty. ...Ian

Ghost Rider and Le Prince Noir (Pascal) are different people. And neither of them are dead. Pascal started rumors that he was dead to keep the press and gendarmes off his back. He did the Paris ring road in 11 mins 4 seconds. That was in 1989. Ghost Rider later beat that time. something like 9 mins 30 seconds. Pascal did it during the busy part of the day though, Ghost Rider did it at night.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

None of them are dead to start off with...but they are pretty likely to have a bad day at some point and some unfortunate will have to collect the body parts...
Others will inevitably regard them as 'heroes' as well and attempt to emulate their antics.
I can't really see the merit in riding to the extreme limits in an unsuitable environment. Ultimately your life is your own..but you shouldn't really put others at risk and the politicians just love this stuff to help them justify draconian anti motorcycle laws.
But hey...they're only having fun... ...Ian

Definitely agree. I know about those guys because of all the young people getting these modern sport (race) bikes as their first bike. Then they try to emulate all these idiots on youtube and end up being removed from the road with a shovel.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

WOW!!!!! And i got a lecture from Roger when i drove at 25 miles an hour on my WLA... for 10 seconds.. with no hands...with no traffic on my video!!!! LOL

email (option): RCASSIN@AOL.COM

What happens if somebody opens a door?

Samuel Cormier
What happens if somebody opens a door?

A LOT of damage to that door

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Having been known to ride a CBR 600 & then Fireblades, I was a little bit of a hooligan once. The roads in the UK are so full of bad drivers now and they are so busy, you just can't ride like that and get home in one bit, I've noticed it over the last 10 years. I went out for a ride on my Speed Triple on Sunday, spanked the a=== off it but always left margins of safety, even with full beam on people pull out on you as 3 people did. Its mainly because and this is proven, that "Joe average" driver's brain can't compute small objects travelling fast and therefore gets the distance thing all wrong, hence the driver favorite one liner "Sorry mate I didn't see you".

One of my favorite Jap Plastic fantastic vids
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk7xyzonwvM

Me having a moment in my Sports bike days on the last Blade I had, max I got out of it was 164mph, on a track..
Photobucket

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

sorry robert as you cant see the speedo very well i think the video has been speeded up a bit i tried twice to circumnavigate the M25 nonstop in my landrover didnt make it had to stop for a kip halfway round

My M20 does Monday to Friday in 5 days..(and weekends in 2).. .In 2012 it will hit 70.....years old..Ian

I used to drive like that 20 years ago,after to dead friends the gang broke up .but we did not tape it.

email (option): evandeweerthof@yahoo.com

Ah, to be young and foolish - or Russian of any age.

I notice no red lights. I think red lights were outlawed in Russia when the communist regime fell.

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

Nieuwe pagina 1