Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Those 3 rear nuts... (I'm special tool hunting)

The first year I had the M20, I struggled to keep those 3 rear hub nuts tight, then I found someone who had the tool that made life really easy, it even fitted through those holes that I had no idea what they were for. I was told that Draganfly had them and they don't now. So would anyone happen to have a spare kicking about I could buy, or know where I could get one please. I know its a common weak spot, but now the bike is all sorted, I'd like to keep it that way and the rear wheel tight as a knats chuff. Cheers

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: Those 3 rear nuts... (I'm special tool hunting)

I got one a few months ago from Russells, Think it is 66-9068 detachable wheel spanner (socket on a stick really) for 6.50 incl VAT.
Cheers
Pete

email (option): petercomley@web.de

I just do mine with a 3/8" ratchet and long extension with the correct socket,but I do wedge the rear brake with a block of wood so that I can use the ratchet to the full

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

and super strong loctite

I do mine exactly as Dave and Roger. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

All you have to do is keep 2 slim extensions in the toolbag and a ratchet. I prefer to keep sockets in the toolboxes as they tend not to damage the paint around where I'm working at the roadside, I keep spanners too, but usually the sockets are less damaging to the "paint" around the nut

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Thanks Gents, I'll get onto Russels and see what tools I have.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1