Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M20s in Malaya

I found this set of photos at Stoneleigh, there are also several pictures of Bulldozers, graders, tippers and other vehicles, so I suspect they were engineers.
In one picture there is a sign that says "SEREMBAN DET ..3 PROVOST COMPANY ROYAL MILITARY POLICE", and it all came in an envelope marked "Bert in Malaya".

Some of the pictures refer to "047" on the back and most show an M20 that appears to have C5887047 on the tank.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The serial on this bike is a little hard to read but appears to be C5557104 and the marking on the left side of the tank is probably one of the Malayan badges showing a Kris dagger.

Photobucket

Photobucket

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: BSA M20s in Malaya

I've just noticed the rear carrier on the slightly blured picture is not M20, any thoughts? Rob.

Well spotted. Looks like a WD-G3L, hence the acceleration that made the photographer miss the bike!

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

You sure Rob, I could have sworn I could see a "made in India" tag on it..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

In the picture with the close up of the engine I can see that the horn cables are not passing through the hole in the tufnol insulator. If I’m correct, that hole was meant to stabilize the cables and not allowing them to dangle around like crazy and in time almost certianly get torn. Opinions?

Not often you see nice pictures of these very late war bikes. No steering damper, modified headlamp switchplate and electrics, late sumpguard, 'short' style pillion seat, later pattern rear carrier (the M20 one) and Vokes filter (But no knee grip rubbers?)...from one of the last two wartime contracts, the only ones that had the filter fitted...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

The date? sometime between early 1945 and 1948????

One with a late war "DP" blackout mask, one without.

The picture showing the close up of the engine is interesting, KLG plug cover? (Actually it looks more like a Champion)?, HT lead imobilizer and the undrilled breather lump on the timing cover.

Nice photos rob, thanks for sharing

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

John o'brien
Nice photos rob, thanks for sharing

Same goes for me, thank you.

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1