Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3L V SHAPED REAR MUDGUARD STAYS

Hi all, I have been looking into having the v shaped rear mudguard stays(W41-G3L-F300R/L/P) made. My metal man says no problem, but I will have to have a minimum of ten pairs made.
He has priced them at £30.00+ VAT (£36.00) a pair.
I've posted this thread to see If there is any body who might be interested in a pair. I already have four sets reserved, so would anyone else want a pair?
Cheers, Mick.
ps If someone is already making these, please let me know!

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Re: G3L V SHAPED REAR MUDGUARD STAYS

I'll have a set at that price

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I will have 2 sets please. Cheers John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

One set for me, please! Cheers! Ferg (and thanks to JT for tipping me off about your post at a very cold Kempton)

email (option): fergus.anckorn@amec.com

Ok guys, looks like the project can go ahead. My tin man says if I can make the batch bigger, say 15 pairs, the price can come down, so if there is anymore takers, let me know. I'll place my order about Wednesday next week. I will post a thread when they are ready. Any left over I will put on epay.
Cheers, Mick.

I'm off to the AJS/Matchless club on Thursday, I'll see if anyone wants any there, I'm not in a mad rush for mine, so do you want me to see if there are any more takers, maybe the price could come down even more?

Sounds good Dave, the cheaper the better. I intend to sell these on at cost + post. If I do have any left over, the epay price will be more, so I can get back the rip off charges.
Cheers, mick.

Will they be a casting at the bottom as per the originals? Sorry I forgot to ask!

Hi Dave, at present we are looking at laser cut plates.
Having them cast would make them quite a lot more expensive.
Cheers, Mick.

Dave Plumb
Will they be a casting at the bottom as per the originals? Sorry I forgot to ask!

Dave, there was never a casting on there!!

When is someone going to make the G3WO rear mudguard stays??

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Has anyone got a picture of the G3L ones? The reason I ask is I have some similar stays, I was under the impression that they were cast! The picture in the parts manual is a little vague

When I blasted the paint off of my patterns they did look more like stampings than castings. When I get them back I'll have a closer look.
Hey Lex I don't think it would take too much more to make the G3 version, I'll see what happens after I've got the G3L ones finished. Problem is I would have to have ten made again, might not be so easy to shift them.
Cheers, Mick.

Dave Plumb
Has anyone got a picture of the G3L ones? The reason I ask is I have some similar stays, I was under the impression that they were cast! The picture in the parts manual is a little vague

Dave and Mick, here 2 pictures, the first is the G3L bracket, it's just a flat plate of steel, with the ends milled, so when the nut is tightened it cannot slip out of the slotted bit. G3L ones seem gas welded, and G3 Brazed? or is it just a neater weld?

Hope this helps, could do with one G3 stay, they are by the way different to postwar stays!

Lex Schmidt

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Hi Lex, thanks for the pics. The G3L stays I'm using for patterns are neater than that. They also have the extra lug for attaching the pannier frames to. This can be removed for the early non pannier G3l's I'll see if my tin man will give me a price on five G3 stays, as I could do with on for my '41G3WO.
Cheers, Mick.

No. I've none like this! So I guess I'm still on for a pair

Nieuwe pagina 1