Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone want to contribute to this?

Just thought I'd share this information. First, a link:

http://helpbill42.blogspot.com/

Next, here's the copy from Bill's web page:

Email bill posted to a few of his friends:
Holy cow. This is pretty cool that Eddie Vedder's record label is going to let me use their song legally! The only problem is I have to pay $1000 to them to pay for the paperwork and the time they spent to create all the legal documents that grant me usage rights.
I don't have $1000. Well, I do have $1000, and I am paying them today, but now I don't have enough money to pay my mortgage this month! But I think I HAVE to do this. As many friends keep telling me, I am the first person they know who has a video that went viral, and this makes my tribute to my father even that more amazing. People all over the world seem to really be enjoying this story, and it makes me proud that my father, even in passing, is able to still impact people that he never even met.
If I don't pay the $1000, the link will be taken down by youtube and all these people around the world would not be able to share it anymore with their friends or families.
I think I am going to do this, no, I KNOW I am. A few years ago, $1000 was not a lot of money to me, but as an unemployed person, it is kind of like what $10,000 was to me 5 years ago.
Do you feel my FEAR??!!!!! I hope so. Cuz I need a lot of support. I have to pay them tomorrow or the link goes down. Wish me luck.
Maybe I can figure out a way to raise money without pissing people off, so I can keep the video up and also keep my little house that keeps me dry in all this freezing rain.
If you crafty web guys can help me figure out how to raise money, let me know

/bill

Please contribute generously, because we'd all feel really bad if this guy was getting wet in all the freezing rain. Don't we all just feel his fear?

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Re: Anyone want to contribute to this?

Maybe he can sell the BMW

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Or change the music...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Changing the music was my thought. I'm still puzzling over how he's got 309,000 viewers with 20-odd pages of good feedback, but has managed to raise only 300 dollars. Interesting, huh?

Reading that gave me a lump in my throat...

...I'd better go and spit it out...

You can't restore an old BMW for 30 bob and he appears to have funded that ok. Looking at Bills workshop and property you get the impression he's not exactly a pauper..perhaps he wants to recover some of the cost of restoring his dear old dads bike.
A few years back I had a chap who wanted sponsorship for an extended trip on a BSA. He pointed out I, that is my business, would (theoretically) get the cudos for sponsoring him. Assuming of course that a)He actually did it..b)He publicised it and his sponsors thoroughly.
What did he want?...a BSA engine, supplied and fully rebuilt by yours truly 'free gratis'.
Yeh...right..we'd all like a long holiday and a free bike to do it on.He didn't strike me as particularly credible, so I declined.
Needless to say it was the last I heard of him or his 'world tour by BSA'...The world is full of chancers..it looks like Bill might be another.. Ian

Hi Ian, you're as bad as me inasmuch as you still think in pounds, shillings and pence. For the benefit of anyone born after 15th February 1971 (UK decimalisation day), or for overseas visitors, 30 bob is £1.50 sterling.

Back when 30 bob was 30 bob, you could have bought a pretty decent BMW. In fact, I've got a broken R80 in the garage right now that's worth not much more than that.

Sorry - call my an old cynic but I simply dont believe the blarney and I would not be prepared to part with one cent to this sob story merchant. The whole thing smells of con artist.

email (option): c.coxon@blueyonder.co.uk

Your right Danny...I sometimes get a blank look when I go into a shop and ask for an ounce of Golden Virginia.
Kid's today..you tell them you live half a league away and they don't know what your talking about.They'll be telling me next they don't know what a square perch is..Ian

Send me £10 & I will explain how it is not a con.......

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1