Comment
BSA WM20 exchange

Hello.
http://www.motocollection.com/annonces/liste.lasso

BSA m 20 from 1939.
CHOISISSEZ (BSA) + RECHERCHER

For sale in France.

Re: BSA WM20 exchange

Mmmm...it has an original census number on...

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Is it C4123827 ? That would make it a C5110 machine. It has the oil tell-tale and timing cover plug.

The trouble is that he wants a pre-war French bike for it.

It's in the Gironde. I wonder how it got down there.

An ex pat friend of mine bought one in that area last summer...in very similar condition (large lumps) but with more of the parts present. Also a fairly early M20 like this...it was a 'snip'...only £900 !!!!!...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

This one has also been found in France recently. Matching engine and frame numbers WM20 8450.

Henk

Leon2

Leon1

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I'll try and get some photos Rik....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Don't they look lovely all beat up and worn out.I would absolutely love to be able to look after one of those.

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

OK just going out on a limb here! Would a Deluxe M20 with an oil tell tail engine from 1940 have pillion foot pegs? Also were is the short field stand lug? Should it not have a front number plate bracket? I get confused at this period. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Does it also have a very small front brake drum?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

And a late model sump shield?

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

Ron,

No it would not have footrests for a pillion passenger. The lug however was not on all models that featured short field stands. From early pictures you can see the clip fixing as well, just like the later stands.

Yes it should have a front number bracket. I think the front wheel doesn't come with the bike because in the add it says that the front wheel is missing.

regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Gents, I was seriously considering buying the exchange bike (the first one in this thread) Ive been speaking to my French mate who has been on to Paul who owns it, after doing some numbers it would leave me with nothing in the bank after all my current stuff (cellar conversion, VW Van etc)

It turns out this one one of the bike the Germans picked up, it was taken back to Germany and then ended up back in France, which might explain the rear seat, the engine is seized, he's missing the speedo but pretty much everything else is there, I think he has the headlamp shell aswell. Paul is a huge Rudge fan and after parts for a 500cc Rudge, which he'd knock off some money for if you had parts, I recall its a 1930's one, he would take money of course, he's down in Bordeaux..The one that got away..although just treated myself to a spare Smiths Speedo, not the £400 one I might add, Im not that mad..if anyone takes sympathy on me and happens to have a cheaper project that they have done nothing to for years..;-) c'est la vie

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

It would be interesting to get one of these ealier bikes, with the possible history of being ex BEF/German captured/reinstated machine, and restoring it to the German finish. Has anybody done anything like this before ?

Regards Gary

I've seen pictures of a Universal carrier and a Bedford MW, restored in captured German markings. I think it's only worth doing if the provenance proved the case.
I have this M20 with full German registration doc's. It is fitted with BMW carrier and saddle, it also had an NSU headlamp and other obvious German mods. But I'm sure all post war. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Nieuwe pagina 1