Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 mag body needed please

Hi all, not often I put an RQ out for parts, but if we can sort one quickly I should be able to pick up the BSA as planned this weekend. Anyway, Dave has been looking at the timing and found that the body has been wearing in a major way and its totally worn out a few other bits, making the motorcycle run fully retarded, so we're after a good magneto body should you have one please drop me an email, thanks

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Re: M20 mag body needed please

It appears that the mag must have been loose for a good while and that only the points side of the mag base had worn, possibly more than 1mm and there is a little bit of wear to the mag platform on the crankcases, but I'm sure a shim would sort this out. The mag was sitting with the shaft pointing upwards and making the seal housing come loose too it was that bad that when it was clamped down tight it wouldn't even allow the mag pinion to fit through the hole in the casting!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
You can see how the shaft sits to the top of the casing, this was photographed when the mag wasn't clamped down, it was a lot worse when it was clamped down. So I guess the easiest/quickest way to sort it is with a mag body!

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Kit has asked me to make it clear that it wasn't him who left it loose! It has been loose for a lot longer than Kit has owned it and he must have just tightened it up without realising the wear was there.

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Kit,Dave. If you're not worried about originality? I have this spare post war mag with HT lead at front. It'll still work fine on an M20. I can send it as is, or strip it and just send the body. Just the cost of post is all I need. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Email me your address again Dave. I'll weigh it for post tomorrow. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Thanks Ron, looks like Dave can put it to good use, I'm tending to leave these sort of things to the origuinal spec if I can. Dave in my tool box roll, inside are a new set of carbon brushes etc for the mag..

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1