Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
which modern battery to fit inside original box??????

can any one recommend a good quality battery that will fit in one of the original battery boxes we have on our wd bikes and does any one sell them at the kempton park auotjumbles?.im after one of the modern type batterys that do not need the acid putting in them.cheers.adrian

email (option): adriancrossan@tiscali.co.uk

Re: which modern battery to fit inside original box??????

Hi Adrian...If you have the excellent reproduction WD Battery cases you can fit 2x5Amp hour jelly batteries or 1x8 Amp hour jelly batteries. I use the Hawker Industries 'Cyclon' batteries...there is a guy who does some of the southern jumbles who sells them at reasonable cost. I don't know if that includes Kempton but he will be at Shepton Mallet VMCC jumble in March.They are also on t'internet...Google 'Cyclon Batteries'..Are you going to Normandy this year?..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Adrian the bloke you need is always at Kempton, just near to where we buy the bacon butties. He's just on that corner selling Morris's oil and those cyclone batteries. I'll point him out if you don't see him. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Adrian
Paul Goff, list's Cyclon Batteries 6 or 12V already fitted to replica Battery Boxes on his Webb Site
http://www.norbsa02.freeuk.com.

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

i have just used a cheap drycell 8 amp 6 volts battery for 5 years dont do anything to it just reconnect after winter lay off and ride the bike if it has lost any charge after a few mile it charged up again and if it packs up i will buy a new one got them on all of my bikes let you know how it goes later this year

hi ian
thanks for that information,im fed up with replacing the cheap acid type batterys every year!,were coming to normandy on the 27th may untill the 7th junemhope to see you there,we will try and bring some cakes for you this time without them all squashing together in the box!!!!!!

Any chance of a dry run for cakes next Saturday at kempton, a kind of practice run

:-D

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Hi Adrian

If you have an Ian wright battery case, I believe a 13a battery by Paul goff will fit inside, then you have loads of juice

If not try the 4.5a batteries from maplin, I use them and this year again have been outside in all that cold snap, working perfectly

See you there or text me in between, back in uk tues night

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

ok mate,thanks for that,ive a old lucas battery box that has been hollowed out so will take it to kempton and try some for size,im doing a stall at kempton so come and see us,cheers

Hi Adrian and Annie..Looking forward to meeting up again in Normandy...we are at Etreham as usual...1st to 10th. June. If you are staying at Adrian's again keep an eye out for Rob Miller...he is staying at the Municipal site in Arromanches.
Surely this time it's our turn to buy the squashed cakes?.. ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1