Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
generator end covercap

Hi BSAers. I need the end cover for my Lucas generator. A Gent is selling one and states that it is suitable for use on E3L Generators. Would that be the correct one for my 1940 M-20?...Thanks, Rob

email (option): rcassin@aol.com

Re: generator end covercap

Lots of end brackets can be interchanged over the years so be careful of what you want. Does your bakelite cover have the bearing outer race in it?Some later end caps have middle and offset holes for the retaining screw as well. Send in a picture of what you have.

Hello Robert you have a link or picture off it? so we can see what you mean and kind off dyno/gen you have fitted now?

email (option): evandeweerthof@yahoo.com

Hi Guys...here is a picture of the generator...destroyed in a fire...had it rebuilt but the cap is missing. I am down south now and the generater is 1200 miles north. Its off my 1940 m-20:

Photobucket

email (option): rcassin@aol.com

Looks like a normal E3H Lucas dynamo, with the little oil hole (and its brass sliding cover) to give access to the bush.

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Jacob de Groot (http://www.degroot-bsa.nl/ ) has several types: 200826 (E10), 200902 (E20), 200718 (E12) and 200354 (E10)
But Ray is of course the cheapest

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Nieuwe pagina 1