Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Major Dick Winters

RIP Major Dick Winters -

seen portrayed in band of brothers died recently & was buried in a quiet family ceremony on Saturday last.

His attack at brecourt manor is still seemingly taught at military institutions in the USA to officer trainees as an example of how things should be done in combat

The few keep on getting fewer, makes our trips to France so much more meaningful methinks !!

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Re: Major Dick Winters

J O'B 92 years old a good innings as they say, one inspirational guy. After reading this post this morning, just ordered my copy of "Beyond Band of Brothers" which was his memoirs. A recent great book Ive just read was Forgotten Voices of D-Day, some very interesting accounts and some very well location related, so I might bring it in June.

What the Telegraph published about his passing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/military-obituaries/army-obituaries/8253502/Major-Dick-Winters.html

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

My son bought me the whole series of DVDs of band of brothers for Christmas. I just finished watching them last night they are really worth a watch.
Major Dick Winters was a real hero rest in peace.

Hi Kit/JB I have just finished reading Dicks book for the third time! gets better every time you read Hope you enjoy
See you all at Overlord then France John

email (option): john @fieldandrurallife.com

Nieuwe pagina 1