Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Post War L V part NO

Any body know what a post war part no LV7BC, 18130 fits Its a wd part labled as clutch or brake lever, Five inches long unpainted, looks like cad plate under grease,,fits flea perfectly, but what is it designed to fit ? andrew.h.

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Re: Post War L V part NO

'BC' is the BSA code. Is it in the M20 parts lists ?

Hi,

They are post war replacements for the solid Amal levers, part number 18/130. They should fit the amal handlebar bracket 18/234.

The original solid 18/130 lever was only available as a clutch lever, hence the lable. I notice that these post war levers were made in both clutch and brake sides.

Hope this helps.

This really highlights the risks of relying on NOS WD parts as definitive. There is probably a good chance that most of the packaged parts remaining are actually post-war production.

Thanks have looked again, I have two pairs, and I have a left and a right, the right one is not labled,but all four are NOS, (new old stock) these are much shorter than the solid levers I have on two of my bikes I can get to measure, these NOS ones are only five inches long, The guy I bought them off collects B40s but these are wrong so he says for b40s, Most if not all parts in goverment storage were re packed and re labled at massive plants such as chilton nr nottingham in the early 60s, so thanks for your help chaps andrew.h

email (option): warbikes@gmail.com

Hi Andrew...Yes, the B40 levers were of a pressed steel post war pattern and dull chromed.
When I first restored my M20 about 25 years ago I spent 12 months or so ploughing through parts at the jumbles looking for the 'opposite' side ..not realising there wasn't one during the war... ..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1