Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Website pic.

A lovely picture of part of a display put on to show BSAs wartime work.
The 'cut off' type petrol tanks indicate bikes from one of the last 3 wartime contracts and as only one contract had the tank but without the filter fitted they is probably from that.
Both bikes appear to still be fitted with the first pattern 'long' pillion seat and it is interesting to note the cover style...with padding around the front edge. The seat was shortened ultimately to prevent riders catching the small of their backs on the front of the pillion seat, particularly when riding off road.
I've done exactly that a couple of times!!..
As well as the component parts of the bike being on display there are also the basic frame forgings shown as separate parts.
If only I could get hold of those parts and build myself a nice NOS M20!! ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: Website pic.

The complete bike on the left appears to have a serial starting C520.... so probably from contract S2603 which finished some time in 1944.

I suspect this display was more to do with BSA than the Army, and all the patriotic flags make me wonder if this was for a Royal visit to the factory?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Re: Website pic. Ian or anyone, any info?

Any info on the "BSA 300 watt charging set" against the back wall?

email (option): jonny.rudge@verizon.net

i think this is ian's front room with a cardboard cutout of winston churchill which he kisses every night when he goes to bed

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

Hi John,

After a quick search on the internet I came across this link:
http://hmvf.co.uk/forumvb/showthread.php?12162-1963-BSA-24-volt-300-watt-Charging-Set.
It looks the same type.(only made in 1963).
Cheers,

Leon

am i missing something?
i havent got this pic coming up at all...

Here is one of the series of pictures. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Here is my WW2 Canadian Version. Built by the 'OUTBOARD AND MARINE MANUFACTUREING CO' They are usually called a 'Chore Horse charging set' They hardly changed at all right through to the 60's. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

very nice...but neither ever came up on my computer...strange!

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

chris b
very nice...but neither ever came up on my computer...strange!

The Bluestacks are acting as a counter measure Chris..........................happens all the time in Donegal

Nieuwe pagina 1