The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BSA M-21 ( war time?)

Hi,
I would be glad for any suggestion for this BSA's

This bike don't have original numbers, frame BM20.8xxxx , engine BM21 9460.
Photobucket
Photobucket

email (option): dawers@o2.pl

Re: BSA M-21 ( war time?)

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Hi Dawid,

The bike is a mix of parts of which many could surely be from the second world war. The rear frame has a sidecar lug and as far as I can see the front frame doesn't. Most WWII bike ended up as a mix of parts so your bike isn't that much different from what is still around. I am sure that if you get it going ok you can have lots of fun with it.

Henk

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I think I can see a front sidecar lug under the tank on the last picture, so it probably isn't a military frame.

However is that a contract plate under the rear number plate?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hi,
Thanks for Your answer,

I have post-war M-20 and I'm looking for something older, especially for a war-time model.
So frame and engine are not right, what about fenders, wheels and fuel tank?
Regards,
DawidSebastian

next one:
What parts come from WM model?
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Hi Dawid

This one looks like a military frame, the rear section has the nice early (1940) prop stand lug but there appears to be some damage by the rear wheel where a sidecar lug has been welded on?

It also has a postwar perol tank front mudguard (fender) gearbox and engine? (I can't see a breather on the left side of the crankcase).

Not an easy restoration project

Thanks for the tips,
These are the beginnings of my friendship with BSA WM20 and I am looking for something to start with.
Both engines, the M20 and M21 do not have a breather, both are made after II war.
Is the M21 more interesting according to you? (The price is not inconsiderable...)

Regards & best wishes 2011

Hi Dawid

I'm not sure where in the would you live, and it could be that either of these 2 bikes is the best available at this time, but if it was my money and I wanted an all military BSA I would keep looking for something better.

Hi Dawid...Both of those bikes have all the features of bikes that have come from the middle east/India.
Both have some content of military parts but also a fair amount of post war or incorrect parts.
It is also likely that they will be pretty badly worn out if they do originate from one of those areas.
So, if you like a challenge, relish the thought of a full rebuild,enjoy hunting down the correct parts and they are cheap initially they may be right for you.
Personally though, I would be inclined to follow Robs advice and buy a better, more complete and original bike initially....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Hi,
Thanks,
I have information about that BSA's come from Egipt. Thanks for tips, I'll look for something else.

Nieuwe pagina 1