Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Carb ID

Hi,

Anyone have any info on an Amal numbered 76AN with air holes below the intake and a hose adapter at the inlet?

Photobucket

email (option): unpob@yahoo.com

Re: Carb ID

Hi, it's a RHS Triumph T100 racing carb 1951-2

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I shouldn't think that there are many of those about Henri.

It's listed as the right-hand carb for the 1951-52 Triumph T100 Racing.

The '76' indicates a unit with the pilot air drillings in the mixing chamber body.

Pipped at the post !

And a bit pointless having a filter hose on it. These 76 type carbs were used on pre war bikes. Like your Speedtwin Henri. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Love this forum, I thought I had come up with the wrong carb for my Speedtwin Ron, guess this is close enough.

Appreciate all of the comments, shows how much I know and how much there is to learn.

Best wishes for the holiday guys!

BTW, this came in from the Middle East.

Henri

Yes Henri. The 76 is the important number and you have the correct (right hand side for a single carb job). The other numbers will only relate to the way the carb is set up (Slide, jets etc) Also which side the float chamber is attatched and it's angle. All these can be adjusted acordingly to give you the correct set up for your Speedtwin. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Henri,
As Rik mentioned, in the "76" carb, the pilot air drillings in the mixing chamber body and is breathing from there.
In all other aspects it is the same as "276", only in the "276" all the air is filtered, entering from the intake side.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

תּוֹדָה רַבָּה Noam!

Nice !

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1