Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Have you been out to play , in the snow ?

Post your photos here....
Photobucket

Very apt - a local memorial for Home Guard gun crew killed / injured in an accident....
Photobucket

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

Re: Have you been out to play , in the snow ?

I've been out playing in the snow...I played 'fall off the Harley Davidson and dent the tank' ...fortunately I was planning to change the tank anyway and already have the replacement. I knew I should have taken the M20!!..a veteran of many previous 'snow games'....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Oh dear Ian !
That's why Clive took the Norton today ..... he played drop the BMW yesterday, it gently pirouetted around on one cylinder while he chased it trying to cut the engine, then having picked it up he dropped it on the other side..... thankfully only his ego was dented...

Cleverly, the Harley has a nifty 'angle of dangle' sensor...if it leans over to more than 55 degrees (at which point you have fallen off)..it cuts the engine.
I can confirm it is in fully working condition... ...Ian

I've 'tested' the same facility on my ER6 - no snow involved ....

What we really need is not an 'angle of dangle' sensor...it's stabiliser wheels ...Ian

Dropped me Norton yesterday, and managed to loose the near side footrest.
But nothing more: the through roads were okay, but I went onto the farmtracks, and one moment it was okay, and the next the poor bike was on her side. Had a bit of astruggle to get home with one foot balancing on the broken footreast arm and controlling the brake pedal. Now I know I should have repaired the brake pedal-stop a long time ago.

Jolly good fun it was

Rob

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Regrettably no pictures, but was out saturday night on the DKW (it has lights!) in the snow, and did not fall once, had only 3 miles to go to our local vintage motorcycle association's annual dinner, and it was really worth it! the only one on a bike, and a good dinner!!

Sunday, it had snowed another 3 inches, so had to get the B4 out, and after some problems with starting, with the SAE50 oil still in the oiltank, now something like molasses! I managed to start it, after about 30 kicks, and repeatedly flooding the carb.

But it was well worth it, and the sidecarwheel drive really makes a difference, better then most 4X4's!!!
Went to a local Bike jumble (Vehikel) and didn't buy anything, but who cares anyhow.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@welbike.net

Exhibit A - the evidence - our first ever You tube video.....

Good that his workmates came running to help. Also good that the cars and lorries came a bit later. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Jenny
You should have put this music to the video.......................

Somehow I can't imagine Clive riding his BMW in a TuTu!! ...Ian

Hmm now there's a thought Ian - and not a pretty one !!!

Did try to find Ravels Bolero to put on it , but could not find in the free audio on you tube... - not bad for a first ever effort ... !

The way that bike spun, my choice would've been the theme tune from 'Magic Roundabout'.

I reckon a tutu would be OK on a Bee-Em. I went to a BMW Club meeting once and I reckon that more cross-dressers ride BMWs than any other brand of motorcycle.

Nieuwe pagina 1