WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Is there anybody?

Deafening silence, everybody in hibernation

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Re: Is there anybody?

It seems that it's just the two of us out here.

Het zal wel komkommertijd zijn.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

I'm here as well!!....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

And here. But the world has definitely become substantially quieter over the past few months (in particular). I relieved that I'm not the only person noticing it. I think we're in some kind of international depression, not recession. I suspect it's going to get worse before it gets better.

email (option): dannydefazio@sumpmagazine.com

Iam here also still working and not in a depression.
Bud to the last days before Xmas its a madhouse.
regards,

Bram

email (option): bram@ockhuizen.com

I'm in..not too often, just moved house, new job which I'm running at 1000mph in, by the time I get home the last thing I want to do is turn my laptop on, I'm reading the forum but not posting as I used to, preppin' for June 2011

email (option): kit247@hotmail.com

Hello,

I'm still here lurking in the background. I've been retreating into my basement (the bunker), and still working on my M20. The engine is done,everything has been cleaned, parts aquired, and I'm officially ready for paint now and will probably do that after the holidays. I have found that even during recessions, the people that are really into thier hobbies will continue on as an escape from thier everyday lives. Sometimes I wonder how many people are like me and visit this site on a regular basis but don't post that often. I challenge those that don't usually post to stick thier heads up out of the hole and say hi! Maybe we'll see some new names and perhaps and a few to the "Cast of Characters". Happy Holidays all!

Best regards,
James

and me in sunny ( ! ) cornwall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

i am still about though not doing much it to cold did run both of my bikes today i left the M20 ticking over while i started my modern triumph then back indoors if i have got the central heating on i might as well be in doors using it

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

Well, I am busy (more or less, the garage is in freeze-mode at the moment but when the temp goes up a bit I'll continue preparing my spare front and rear wheels for eternity, that is everything double matt powder coated with RAL 6014 and after that, spray on my favourite concoction of dull mud brown with a dash of green, spokes included, I'll have them coated separately.
Also on the list: a new wiring harness, with an in-line front brake cable switch; I hardly ever use the rear brake, but I like to warn those behind that Gramps is going to decelerate . And it will be braided; yes, I know, not original, but there are more non-original parts on my bike.
And last but not least: change barrel and head; I had the spare ones black powder-coated some time ago, and it is time to replace the knackered old ones.
So, when do we get confirmation that the earth is really warming up?

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Well I've been busy in the workshop with the heater on max. I've just finished a 400cc B31 engine which is heading for Sunny Cyprus, am about to finish a 400cc ZB32A Goldie engine, have a 720cc B33 just about ready for final assembly along with a military M20 motor. I'm also in the early stages of a Big 4 engine and am putting my own 1951 B33 engine back to a standard spec. in readiness for selling the bike..apart from that things are fairly quiet.
The roads seem to be permanently either frozen or wet and have been heavily salted so that has stopped me getting the WB30 out for its initial shakedown and running in...I don't really want salt induced patina straight after an extensive and very expensive rebuild back to 'ex factory' condition.(for want of a better description).
The Harley Ferguson needs to be washed after every trip out to prevent all the alloy getting eaten and that is quite enough work! ...Ian

And I'm getting there with my M20 rebuild into 600cc. Just waiting for my new fork spring to arrive. Also been building a Velocette MDD for a friend.
I'm also dreaming about putting an uprated Indian 741 engine into an M20....But what would I call it? Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

BSAIN of INBSA?

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

They look like Dutch words Leon....unpronounceable. Ron

How about calling it "BSA that speaks with forked tongue" well conrod really.

I'm waiting for my new green paint for the Big4, and when it arrives I will be waiting for some nice weather to spray it.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hey Ron about 25 years ago i out a 741 engine in a rigid B31 What a machine!
Cheers, mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

I am still here.
I come on this site most days, and read every post when I do come on. I suppose I spend on average 15 minuets every day on this site-which when you think about it is quiet a lot of time. In fact I hardly ever go on sites that cover my other bikes, so I wonder why this is?

I have never met any of you who contribute to the forum, and my WM20 is not ridden very often compared to my other bikes, but I find this site compulsive. The technical knowledge, historic facts, shared photographs, freindly banter, piss taking, different writing styles/personalities from the different countries, the rivette counting, the conversations to unearth obscure forgoten facts, the freely given help, the complete absence of bull shit in a proper bloke atmosphere make it the first site I go on every time I switch on my lap top. It is part of my winding down/relaxing ritual after work.

I consider my self a down to earth normal bloke and would never have imagined that I would get bonded into a virtual society with a bunch virtual freinds.

email (option): Gasboy@btinternet.com

BSAs were made in Birmingham and Indians in Springfield....so it must be a Birfield..or a Birmspring...or Springingham..or a Fieldingham...well you could go on forever really... ...Ian

I'm here too....in a snow covered County Tyrone.......
Am thinking about bringing my M20 into the front porch to keep it warm over the cold spell........

An Indian in a BSA frame.....???

could be a "Brave BSA"...............or a "BSA Brave"

BSA Scout!

Isn't a BSA Scout a 4-wheeler from the 1930's?

I'm on this forum occasionally, but plan to be more regular as I get my 1943 roadworthy after 50 is h years of neglect.
Vince

email (option): vinver@ns.sympatico.ca

Mick did you take any pictures of this B31 special? Or better still did you make a spare set of engine plates? Ron

They won't be any good Ron..it's a different frame...Ian

Bugger! Of course! I'd still like to see some pictures though. Ron

I'm sure there are some pics somewhere, may take a while to find though.
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

Thanks Mick. I have had a hankering to build a special for some years now. One of the clubs that I most favor parcipating in, is the 'Indian Riders'. One of my least favorite bikes to ride is my Indian 741. So then it came to me. Build an easy to ride Indian with a 30's look. I have an M20 and the Indian engine...Just need to bring it all together. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1