Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ammeter query

Roger would like help with the following. Ron

Can anyone help me identify this Lucas CZ11, Type L7 ammeter? What time period was it used and what bikes used it? I think it's pre-war with the domed front glass. Any help would be appreciated.

roger

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: Ammeter query

Hi Ron,

Yes it is definitely pre war. It is late 20's up to mid 30's. I have been looking for one for a long time.

I have an early Lucas fitting list at home. I could look and see what models it fitted.

Regards,
Leon

email (option): leonhop3@planet.nl

Thanks for that Leon. Any further information will be gratefully received. Roger is from the C site and asked me to post here. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

It has a nice big mica window for illumination from the headlamp. I expect it's a bit more visible than the miserable glow inside my CZ27

Hi, according to my Lucas book it fits most of the Brough Superiors, the BSA 150cc "X36", the BSA B2/3/18, the BSA R4, the BSA R19, the Chater Lea SV,the Cotton 150cc sv and ohv 1J and the 250cc and 350cc ohv, the Royal Enfield model A 225cc, the Royal Enfield model B, the Royal Enfield S2, the Royal Enfield model C, G, H, JF, L, KL and model K, the Excelsior F5 and F7, the Matchless F7, G2 up to 1939, the Matchless 1000cc Vtwin, the New Imperial "minor Deluxe, and finally the OK Supreme 250 coil ignition models

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

It wasn't illuminated from the headlamp, but a small frame that fitted on the 2 studs that held a bulb

That explains it then Dave. Certainly the glimmer that comes up through the slot in my reflector doesn't help at all.

I can't wait to point out to the next Rough Inferior owner I meet that the worlds most over rated motorcycle has the same ammeter as a 150cc BSA....He will surely think the Rough Inferior ammeter was hand crafted from platinum in the Birmingham jewelery quarter by specially trained artisans.. ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Ian, do you have a Lucas parts book?

I have some Dave...but not all...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

I've got a spare master catalogue if you need one covering 1936 to 1957, it's a copy one, but at least it's on paper, its about 7/16" thick, if you want it let me know

Nieuwe pagina 1