The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
fitting of front guard

hi all
was wondering if the front guard fits directly to the
underside of the girder forks part #665016 or it has the spacer nut with thread both sides in between .some pics i look at seem to be directly fitted but my bike came different any help will be appreciated . my staunchins may be wrong and this may be making it a bit more confusing

email (option): jockmcguigan@bigpond.com

Re: fitting of front guard

Yer staunchins is right Jock,there is a spacer,with threaded studs both sides,between the staunchins and the guard,nea doot ye wull soart'it oot,but some here will say different,if'n ye want I'kin send ye a fotie.
Tommy further North.

email (option): glesgaman@tiscali.co.uk

i would appreciate a photo of the front with staunchins connected and all it would be a good help as something is not right with mine and i am thinking the staunchins are the prob

Hi Jock, there are two different lenghs of front forks, the later ones (around 1940 on) are about 1/2" longer so they require the spacer. Hope this helps. Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Long for short fork here some photos. Because of the spacer the mudguard and stays stay the same. You have to apply a quite lot of force to fit a mudguard on a long fork without the spacer.

Henk

Short fork long fork

BSA forks

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

ok thanks for all the help it seems to me if i take the spacer out the staunchens all fit and on a bare rim i have 70mm all the way around the guard to rim or 3 inches . so maybe i just leave it out and be happy thanks

Hallo it is a sugestion but I owned older M type BSA's and some of them have a larger front wheels 20 inch it better fits without the spacer on the ftont guard.

email (option): indian@inter.nl.netHallo

Nieuwe pagina 1