Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Speedo's and Not Budgie Smugglers

After the Joy of receipt subsided I have had a good look at the Speedo which arrived Yesterday and this raised several Questions to save Band width I have Prepared a Collage to Illustrate these

1. On the image marked 1 it appears the Bezel has been Crudely soldered to the Case is this seen in Genuine WD Speedo's

2. on the image marked 2 these holes are where the previously discussed anti Tampering Rivet is Placed .

3. On the image marked 3 what is the purpose of this Hole drilled in the Bezel

4. Is the Dial Face shown in image 4 consistent with an original WD Speedo

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Re: Speedo's and Not Budgie Smugglers

@1 to stop from coming off; IMHO nothing to do with Smith, the WD but just somebody's idea of a repair?

@ 2 yes assuming there is only one of these in the side of the speedo housing, and in the brass ring. In the hole would be an aluminium rivet with smith logo.

@ 3 f.ck knows

@ 4 yes look correct to me

Rob

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Ron,

quite relieved that your labelled close up photos are of a speedo and not your budgie smugglers.

Trust me I have not worn Budgie Smugglers for 50 odd Years nor are I likely to

Rob
Thanks and I will ignore the Profanity

I knew a bloke that had a dog with a nose that was half pink and half black...he used to call that F**k knows (nose) ...and what are 'Budgie Smugglers? (I suspect I might not want to know the answer!!)...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Ian Wright
(I suspect I might not want to know the answer!!)...Ian

Ian
you did ask I would have preferred to know what the Hole in the Bezel is for but here goes Australian slang term for men's tight-fitting Speedo-style swimwear. The 'lump in the front' apparently resembles a budgie when it is stuffed down the front of someone's shorts. Ah, those crazy Aussies

could the hole in the bezel have been for a wire type lead seals to stop the bezel being unscrewed by the rider for clocking the milage as they didnt have the pop rivet type seal

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

roger
could the hole in the bezel have been for a wire type lead seals to stop the bezel being unscrewed by the rider for clocking the mileage as they didn’t have the pop rivet type seal

Roger
Thank you I think your Right the Pop rivet holes are there but no rivet so it looks like at various times the bezel has been retained by pop rivet, Lock wire & Seal and finally by a dob of Soft Solder so when they recondition the speedo I will get them to retain the original Bezel minus the Soft solder

Nieuwe pagina 1