Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fuel tank thread

Hello! the thread of my M20 fuel tank have 5/8 and it have reductions to 3/8 BSP.
I need to know the original thread of the deposit, if they had reductor thread and the petrol tap threads.
Thanks.

Re: Fuel tank thread

Hi Alex...The thread used in the BSA petrol tank and on the taps is BSPF (British Pipe Fastener Thread), the 'F' indicating that it is a parallel thread.
The listed size of a pipe thread is not indicative of its outside diameter...for example 3/8" BSPF has an outside diameter of .656, 1/4" an outside diameter of .518". The thread into the petrol tank is 3/8" BSPF and the internal thread of the adapter and the thread on the tap are 1/4" BSPF.
There are two variants of tap and petrol pipe nuts. Some taps (and pipe nuts) have 1/4" BSPF threads and some 1/8" BSPF. All taps are 1/4" at the tank end...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Thanks Ian, I did't know, four month ago I bought two taps and as I had not repair the tank I did not fit it but now I see that they haven't the same thread of the tank, I am Spanish!!

i dont know whether your gas pipe fittings are the same threads in spain but i got some of my fitting from my local plumbers suppliers i am not sure what you are looking for exactly but if we can work it out i will try and get you some here

email (option): roger.back@node6.com

My problem was that most of the thread are BSW and BSF, so I thought that it could be 5/8 BSF instead of 3/8 GAS. But now there are not problem, thanks!

Nieuwe pagina 1