Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEXT YEAR IN NORMANDY..

please humour a novice...

what events are on, on what days, times and where???

and if i do manage to get a bike runing ( ian ? )is there safe storage for it and a trailer nearby?

chris b

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Re: NEXT YEAR IN NORMANDY..

Chris your best bet is to join us at the campsite 'Reine Mathilde' at Etreham. www.campingreinemathilde.com
We are close to the beaches of Omaha and Arromanches. Easy distance to Pegasus bridge to the east or St Mare Aglise and Utah to the west.
There is plenty of safe room for your car, trailer, bike, tent etc. Once you are there, you'll get tips and advice from others as to where to go and so on. Better still we normaly get together in groups to visit areas, which gives a novice the chance to visit famous sites with the advantage that some of us who have done it a number of times are happy to stay on guard with the bikes....and eat strawbrerry tarts. Ron

PS. We have planned for next year, the Don Fife brick and plaque thing and we are always at Arrowmanches on D Day.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Ron,
Don't forget the Baquette avec fromage and the famous Dutch krentenbol.

Henrie

And Grolsch in the fliptop bottle..

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

And the odd picnic in very appropriate historical location

Highly recommend chris

Jo'b

email (option): Jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Do you need some klitteband Ron, just ask Henk to supply you with this stuff.

No thanks Guy! I go away on holliday with a group of blokes, to get away from anything of a sexual nature

Ron

PS. I wore that T shirt just for you.

what are the date of the camp and events please, you never know i might be there is i can plan the trip and timing
Brian Forth

email (option): forrthy@picknowl.com.au

Brian our own main activaties will be based around the 4th-6th June. Some will be there for just those days. Others like Myself and Ian will be there for longer. We are booked in for the 1st-10th June. It seems to have become our annual holiday.
Come for as long as you can. Ron

what about shows, militaria fair?

who is booking the good weather i think warm and dry not to hot would be about right

There are always at least two militaria fairs on...one at Vierville sur Mer (above Omaha beach)on the fifth...which we frequently attend, and one at St.Mere Eglise which we sometimes attend...we did last year. On the whole sunshine has appeared as required..we've been very lucky in that department....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Chris the whole of the Normandy area at this time is a show. There are umpteen historical places of interest to visit. most towns and villages have a museum. The main cemeteries at Bayeux and Omaha are a must to visit. More WW2 vehicles than you could wish to see as well as the fairs already mentioned. Firework displays along the coast. Riding your bike through the countryside and eating strawbrerry tarts. You won't have time for shows. Ron

Don't forget there are a couple of WD riders who will jump the British DZ at Sannerville....If any of you guys are interested in joining us there are 3 Jump Courses in Holland just prior to the Normandy trip...If all goes well, you'll be able to jump a Dakota or similar over that weekend....Otherwise, stop by and watch the drop from the ground with the rest of the Legs.

BeSt regArds,
Eric

Hi Eric, let me have the dates, times and locations when you can...I'd like to see it....Ian

Ian....would love to have you there....obviously the drops are at Sannerville, the DZ is the original DZ "K" of the 8th battalion of the 6th Airborne Division.....but come along to Holland and try a jump....and don't say you're too old. We have a 71 year old and last week I jumped with a 75 year old former Para.

Eric

Hi Eric, haven't seen you for ages, are you bringing the M20 to Normandy?

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Nah! He rides Dakota's now Ron

I tried jumping off the M20 a couple of years back...I think Erics strategy is far more sensible ...Ian

eric, is this round chute jumps?
and how much is the training ???

Who in their right mind jumps out of a perfectly airworthy aeroplane ? ...and when they hit the ground, they're only a poorly equipped version of a proper infantryman.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Never mind all that Rik...when are we going to see that old Norton in Normandy?....Ian

I've drafted out a written application for permission and am currently gently preparing the ground prior to explaining that I'm going to be away in June.

The trouble is that after this year's disastrous holiday in Italy (far too bloody hot and full of the sort of rude people that you'd expect to vote for a Berlusconi), my motives are a little suspect here.

I rather lost my rag and swore more than once that it was the last ever bloody family holiday that I was going on and once they realise that I meant it, I'm expecting spanners in the works.

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Rik...I have never heard of anyone saying that before..LOL
I know how much of a rivet counter you are, so why don't you join me for a few days and we can count the rivets inside a Dakota as we sit there waiting for our first jump command...Personally, I stopped counting at 22 rivets...it was just too much fun to enjoying the view, listening to the roar of the Pratt and Whitney 1830's and the smell of the oil and steel.

Eric

Don't forget that hopefully it will be the un veiling of Bill Millins statue too next year....

Rik - do you want me to write you a pass ??? Bring the family - get one of those mobile homethings on camp site - family look at chateau etc , we ride our bikes ?

or

Build you wife her own bike ( you may have to speed up a bit in the workshop ha ha) and I'll have company ....

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

We'll have to ask Ron if he can still squeeze into his WAFs uniform..can you lend him some lippy? ...Ian

Jenny Cook
Don't forget that hopefully it will be the un veiling of Bill Millins statue too next year....

Rik - do you want me to write you a pass ??? Bring the family - get one of those mobile homethings on camp site - family look at chateau etc , we ride our bikes ?

or

Build you wife her own bike ( you may have to speed up a bit in the workshop ha ha) and I'll have company ....

Thanks for the offer Jenny but the problem is end of year exams for the eldest. There is no way that wife and children can take a weekend off which makes me, of course, a selfish old so-and-so.

My wife had her own Norton once - a Navigator. I didn't let that stay around long ! Nasty little buzz-box.

Well Rik it is only sensible you think of them by getting out of the way......

Just seen Ron's earlier comment , so looks like I may not be welcome either.... sniffff....sniff(tears roll down cheeks) only cos he's worried I'll drink him under the table and ride with more gusto !!!!!

email (option): jennycook163@hotmail.com

I'm riding at the back next year as Henk thinks I'm a bit mad and Ron says I don't know where I'm going...I thought we were having a nice time ...and I won't be able to keep up on my little 350 anyway...Ian

quote: I'm riding at the back next year as Henk thinks I'm a bit mad and Ron says I don't know where I'm going... unquote

Does that mean that I have to come out again?

I am already planning a trip (and living history weekend) in the Elsace, on one of the Maginot line fortresses, in 1940 guise.
That is sceduled for the May bank holiday weekend, so anyone wanting to do some touring in a lovely part of France (not too much traffic, rolling hills and a 24 acre (metric that is) forest to play in, with your bikes), do come, but it is living history, so daytime you will have to dress up.

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

Our new site is confirmed, so we will be moving from Longues (mainly because of hassle with the Dutch co-organisers on have a guess: money and property taken) to a new venue, just outside Basly on the road to Thaon, inland south of Bernieres in the Canadian zone: we have been offered the local moto-cross site.
Some toilets, drinking water and electrics are on offer. All other ammenities we wil have to organise.
Advance party to arive on Thursday, and we wil leave on the Wednesday next week.
All motorcyclists welcome, we will not operate a authenticity site for the start: probably a modern section and a back to the forties part.

Rob

For all inquieries, pleasecontact me.

Nothing happening this year Rob? I'll fit some knobbly tyres for a visit to the moto cross site next year then Ron

I'm counting the days to go, sooo looking forward to it

JO'B

email (option): jonnyob1@googlemail.com

Quote: Re: NEXT YEAR IN NORMANDY..
Nothing happening this year Rob? I'll fit some knobbly tyres for a visit to the moto cross site next year then Ronemail (option): ronpier@talk21.com
unquote

JESUS: the first posting is dated 2010, so when that got posted it was next year when talkinhg about AD 2011.

Today is tomorrows yesterday, isn't it? And with one single language it is allready too difficult, eeh?

So it is within a few months only when we will be back in Normandy, just a weekend starting on Thursday and ending on the following Tuesday, I guess.

van: small lorry
and meel as in mail but then spelled m for micheal, e for edward ( king Edward?) e for eeh, and l for lorry

Nieuwe pagina 1