Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pannier mount part 65-6798

I'm looking for accurate dimensions of this part so I can mount my pannier frames. I need depth of female thread, across flats of the hex, length of the hex, and length of the male threads. Thanks! In INCH please. Metric conversion is a pain for me even though I can do it well.

How do I post a picture on the forum?

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Re: pannier mount part 65-6798

Oops, mm

The spanner size is just about more or less 15 mm.

Oops, mm

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

The diameter of the hexagon is 0.600 inches which is 5/16 Whitworth spanner size

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

I'll probably never learn

The 18,4 mm is the drilling dept by the way, what would that be in inches?

Hi Henk, Multiply the size in MM by 39.42 to give you the size in thousanths of an inch...18.4 x 39.42 = .725"....The inch is divided into 1000s, 100, 10s ...just like metric! It only gets complicated when you express it as a fraction...ie 1/16" = .0625..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Re: pannier mount part 65-6798/THANKS GUYS!

Gawd...... you guys are funny! I wish I lived there just for the comraderie! Thanks for the info! Cheers

email (option): britool51@hotmail.com

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the leason, that makes it a lot easier for me. So for the thread I should have put 0,3125 instead of 5/16?

I'll never learn

Henk

Hi Henk..This could get more involved!! To make it easy for you to convert from metric to Imperial the best thing is to use that formula (x 39.42)...and that would be 0.3125". For sizes over 1" it would then be, for example.. 1.3125"..2.3125" etc. It would then be easy for anyone conversant with the Imperial system to convert that figure to a fraction (5/16"). In (Imperial) engineering the standard practice is to express thread size as a fraction, so 5/16 would be the correct way but is more difficult to work out for all sizes. I'll send you a conversion chart..Of course there is always an exception...BA threads are not expressed by size but by number!!....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Hi
Does anyone have this part or can make it as I need one.

email (option): vhalftrack@aol.com

Hi Folks
I would purchase 2 if anyone is making any. Is Rob's part number correct or is it 65-6794? I could also use one of the similar spacers (1/2 inch)for the front mudguard.
Best wishes
Doug W

email (option): watsond@xnet.co.nz

Ian should there be smoke coming out of my calculator when I do your calculations wouldn't Russell have any

email (option): roger.beck@node6.com

Why Decimalize everything?? that is so typical US!!

Could not do without the fractions!!! just old fashioned I guess???

1 inch is 25,4mm that's what I use.

Cheers,

Lex

email (option): welbike@wish.net

Lex, my guess is that micrometers and vernier calipers aren't calibrated in fractions, and Robb is planning to make the parts on a lathe. Unless you're using basic rulers and measuring tapes.....

email (option): bsa3man@rocketmail.com

The Imperial measuring system is marvellous....The history of it and the level of complication and non standardisation can provide hours of fun for the inquisitive...much better than dull old 'Metric'...European Metric that is, not the British version.(we do have our own you know)..... ...Ian

email (option): ian@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1