Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Matchless to Normandy

Next year will be the 70th anniversary of the first G3L Matchless and the demise of the G3WO. To mark this anniversary the NOBS group are going to try to take as many to Normandy as possible next year. If anyone would like to come and join our group in Normandy on a Matchless you would be very welcome. Contact me at tinley@btinternet.com. Cheers John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: Matchless to Normandy

Great idea John, wouldn't it be great if you could get 70.

I have E mailed you on another question. Rob.

email (option): robmiller11@yahoo.co.uk

Hopefully the Norfolk lot will have three G3's and maybe Mikes G3L if DVLA pulls their finger out of their arse!
Cheers, Mick.

email (option): mick@motorbikemike.org.uk

John

I Have e-mailed so count me in

Pete

email (option): cruaser@aol.com

Nake sure you Matchy boys keep your chaincases oiled on your trip, We don't want any thrown dynamo chains!!

hi mick dvla have told me next week i will have my log book back,got the new tyres on the bike and yes i would like to join you all next year on my matchless cheers michael

email (option): michael.rutland@homail.co.uk

douglas
Nake sure you Matchy boys keep your chaincases oiled on your trip, We don't want any thrown dynamo chains!!

Not just dynamo chains !

I hope that anyone riding a 1940 G3 has done the necessary oil pump checks.

Photobucket

It reads :-

"D of T circular No.32 states that a number of engines on MATCHLESS motorcycles have seized due to shearing of oil pump plunger gear teeth thereby stopping action of oil pump. Cause is faulty positioning of locating pin. Particular attention must be paid to fitting of locating pin to ensure that it is an easy fit. If necessary a 1/32" washer may be fitted to prevent "bottoming" in the helical groove."

Be careful out there !

email (option): 79x100@gmail.com

Great idea John...looking forward to meeting up again in Normandy.I'm hoping to get 1 WB30 there!.. ..Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Very early yet, but it looks like we may be moving away from Longues (the usual story: somebody wants to earn money on the back of fellow re-enactors cum mo=torcyclists, etc., with the unavoidable backstabbing) and head for the Canadian zone, south of Courseulles.
If plans go through we will have a perfect site as starting point for whatever sized motorcycle ride!
I'll keep you all posted.

Rob

email (option): rvanmeel@wanadoo.nl

I recommend camping "Reine Mathilde" at Etreham; nice cabins and chalets for the old, and ample space to pitch your tent for the youngsters

email (option): viaconsu # planet dot nl

Sorry to hear about that Rob...your camp at Longues is one of my favourite 'stopping points'...keep me informed on the details of any new location would you?...thanks....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Nieuwe pagina 1