Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
M20 on Milweb.

There's an M20 in Holland for sale on Milweb for £6500. The same guy is also selling a G3L for only £5000. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Re: M20 on Milweb.

I think you had a better deal on my bike John!!...I wouldn't pay out £6500 for that bike as long as my a**e pointed downwards....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

The World has gone mad Ian

Ian did I tell you about the chap i met that has a better collection than the war department would you say me is mad !!!!

email (option): john@fieldandrurallife.com

Hard to believe you could nearly buy a Bren Carrier or a Dingo for the price of those 2 bikes.

email (option): micran1234@yahoo.com

Don't you believe it Mike. I wouldn't sell my Carrier under £35000, judging by what I have seen for sale lately. Cut down wrecks with most parts missing can be £8000-£12000. A NOS set of tracks for sale in Oz at present for over £4000. Ron

Yes youre right but in theory I am close. Carriers have gotten pricey as well. There is a nice running Dingo around for 30k US dollars.

ron you didnt say it was an RAF one these are much rarer your from cloud cuckoo land

I don't know why you think I'm on Cloud Cuckoo Rog? I made no comment about the value of this bike. However the seller states it's 1945 ex RAF and I can't find an RAF contract in that year. If painting your bike Blue adds £2000 to it's value, I think I'll buy a few gallons of RAF blue and retire young Ron

This bike is patently not worth the money...even in todays inflated market. I could buy and build a 'concourse' M20 for that price..this one hasn't even had a mechanical overhaul, never mind the incorrect cosmetics...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Ron. Like most of these toys they are more attractive to look at than to own. Last week I went down to Devon for an army reunion, I used to drive American DUKWs, we were the only company in the forces that did drive them. My last dealing with them was in 1969 when I got demobed although they continued to use them till 1974 when the whole coy was disbanded. On the reunion I went to Instow where they still have five in various states of repair & modification and I got to take one out again in the estuary across to crow point & back (very nostalgic) But the point I am making is that while it was great to take one out again, I don't think I would like the upkeep expense. Even at Instow they are converting them with Cummings diesel engines, doing away with the winches etc.
The big stuff is o.k. for anyone who has the resorces to keep them going but I get just as bigger kick out of just seeing them again at shows etc

email (option): Jomichael@aol.com

Were you in the P.P.A or something?

sorry ron mate/mucker/friend i meant me that was in cloud cuckoo land as in the ending of a letter

None taken Roger. Probably just me not reading it properly. Ron

Nieuwe pagina 1