Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight Clamps measurements

Hello,

I tried everywhere to get a pair of headlight clamps for my M20 but couldn't find one no matter however hard I tried.
So I am left with no choice to make it.
Can someone let me know the measurement of the top and bottom clamp.

Thank you so much - Prabhin

email (option): prabhi6386@gmail.com

Re: Headlight Clamps measurements

Hi Thank you so much for the help. I need the measurements of the clamp the fixes the headlight to the girder fork. If I have the measurements I can easily make one over here.
Thansk again - Prabhin

are you asking for the length of the headlamp brackets, the tubes that hold the headlamp shell to the forks?

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Prabhin, These brackets are made from 7/16" tube (11mm with some heavy coats of paint will do). They are all about 3.25" long. ( 82.5-83mm) The ends are flattend and bent in a dog leg fashion to suit the diameter of the headlamp. Ron

Photobucket

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Ron,

Thank you so much for the measurements and I hope I will be able to make one.

Hi Chris,

Thank you so much for offering to help. I got the information from Ron and i will update pics once i make them...

Thanks again

Best - Prabhin

No problem Prabhin. Just so you're sure, the brackets are in fact just four identical tubes and not joined together other than bolted through to the headlamp. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

The upper and lower ones have different part numbers ! The basic form may be the same (bike is not readily accessible at the moment) but the bends are different.

email (option): viaconsu "at" planet "dot"nl

and according to peter long at cornucopia, different lengths if you have an 8" light...

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1