Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Removing an M20 Barrel

Guys
I have resolved I need to remove the Barrel from my M20 Motor 3 of the nuts are relatively easy to get to but I cant get to the 4th stud behind the Magneto Drive Casing is there a Special tool for removing this Nut or am I missing something

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

Re: Removing an M20 Barrel

Ron there was an original tool I believe for removing the awkward nut. But I always manage it with a modern cranked combination spanner. It usually involves getting less than quarter turn then turn the spanner round and by using the open end or ring end you can patiently do it. Don't forget the fifth nut inside the tappet chest.
Ron Up Here.

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Also Do not forget to remove the decompressor assy,
or you will break the Ex' adjuster head when pulling
the cylinder out.

Noam.

email (option): noam10@gmail.com

I use this tool; not BSA but for another Brit WD bike:
Cylinder base nut tool

email (option): viaconsu "at" planet "dot"nl

while on the subject of removing the cylinder barrel can the cylinder barrel be lifted enough to replace the cylinder barrel to crankcase gasket without pulling the piston out of the cylinder barrel

Why would you worry about that? you only need a piston ring compressor tool. There's no way you can fit that gasket otherwise.

guys
Thanks For Your Helpful Suggestions they Have Been well Helpful and Hans sometimes you need someone to point out the bleeding obvious I do not know why i did not Think of A Crowfoot Spanner when I have a full set in My Tool Box Albeit Metric But Then 15mm is All but the same size as 7/16 BSF so the job is only as difficult as you make it Thank You Again

email (option): grumpy.moran@gmail.com

I used an ordinary ratchet spanner, didn't know you needed a special tool......

email (option): stinkypete80@hotmail.com

I had no trouble lifting my barrel- because the nut wasn't there, apparently it was left off previously, probably when the mechanic couldn't fit it in place, or didn't have an appropriate tool.
Vincent

email (option): bsa3man@hotmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1