Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
G3WO & G3L Matchless database

Hi Guys,

I am trying to compile a database of surviving WD G3WO & G3L Matchlesses. So far I am up to about 70. If anyone has one of these bikes and is willing to let me have the engine and frame numbers I would be very grateful. Please contact me at tinley@btinternet.com
Cheers, John Tinley

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

Re: G3WO & G3L Matchless database

Hi John
I used to own 1940 Matchless G3WO reg UXE 471 some 20 years ago-is it on your register and still alive? I restored this machine in about 1984/5 to desert sand colours and it went to somewhere near Stone.
regards Jon

Ive got UXE 423 frame number 4469 - close?

email (option): c.coxon@blueyonder.co.uk

Hi mate ive got what i beleive to be a g3wo the frame number is 1125 and the engine is 9295 reg 790 xub id be greatfull to know more about the history of this machine as i know very little it was re regestered in 1984 in civi trim i wanna restore back to original if it is ex wd

That frame number would put yours in the same contract as my own, C5247 for 4000 machines demanded in Oct 39 Frame numbers 845-4844 at the rate of 200 a week starting 25 Nov 39. So it looks like yours was built around the first week Dec 39. It should have the instruments in the petrol tank panel. Your engine is from a slightly later contract of 6000, delivered in 1941. There's very little chance of knowing where any of our bikes were used.
Can I suggest you email John with your details. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

Hi Robert, send me some photos to tinley@btinternet.com and I will gladly help you with any information I can. Cheers John

email (option): tinley@btinternet.com

John,

I have G3WO serial no 16691, last contract of the G# before change into G3L. Engine is missing.

reg

Hinrik

beste john
hier is myn frmn.31621.en myn enginnum.31626.
matchles g3l.
het is een echte ketting motor.
alvast bedankt.

email (option): verberck.marc@gmail.com

Nieuwe pagina 1