Questions? Looking for parts? Parts for sale? or just for a chat,

The WD Motorcycle forum

WD Motorcycle forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tank mounts.

I finally figured out how to get the full picture of the front tank mount hardware Henk, thanks. But now i need a picture of them assembled because i'm going to turn them up on my lathe and cant figure out how they fit. Any takers?

Re: Tank mounts.

Can anyone with a copy of the RAF parts book scan the picture of them? I'd do it, but my copy is at work

email (option): davmax@ntlworld.com

Hi Douglas,
Get in touch by e mail and I'll send you the dimensioned sketch I mentioned the other day.. ...Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

Thursday morning I'll get the drawing from the RAF parts list! SWMBO waits for me in the sleeping room

email (option): viaconsu@planet.nl

Here it is:
Tank mountings

3: 27-8449 Tank frontsupport buffer cup
4: 27-8448 Tank front support rubber
5: 27-8447 Tank front support sleeve
Hope this helps!

email (option): viaconsu@planet.nl

Hans looking at your drawing it looks like the tank mounting brackets that come off the tank are still clamped against the head stock and i cant see how this cusioned the tank againt vibration

Between part 2 and 3 sits a rubber washer.

Henk.

email (option): ahum@quicknet.nl

The cups sit on the edge of a larger diameter recess in the headstock which allows the centre piece to float on the rubber washer, It took me a while to figure it out, but some headstocks dont appear to have this recess for the cups to sit on, an economy to use standard bolts???

email (option): c.coxon@blueyonder.co.uk

Thanks everybody for your assistance and now know how to turn the pieces up, but i'm with Roger here, it's clear as mud how the tank is isolated.

The head of the bolt is tightened down on the washer which is insulated from the cup by the rubber bush. Think of it as a metalastic bush that actualy comes apart. Ron

Also the diameter of the hole in the tank lug is bigger than the diameter of the central sleeve that is clamped to the frame by the bolt. If you imagine the sleeve and the bolt as a solid piece bolted to the headstock forging, the tank, cup and rubber can all move together(slightly)on these because of the flex in the rubber washer and the clearances on the sleeve of the cup and the tank lug....Ian

email (option): julie@wright52.plus.com

I'm thinging a rubber grommet in the tank bracket with washers both sides with a spacer of appropiate length and bolt would do a better job.

Under normal circumstances Douglas I don't think you'd get a grommet on the inside of the tank bracket? They're usually a tight fit against the headstock.
Ron

i'm confused by this..the parts i bought recently dont fit as i read the picture..or the order they apear in the draganfly catalogue..
from the outside in,
bolt
washer
tank sleeve 27-8447
rubber washer 27-8448
cup 27-8449
petrol tank support " ear "

if thats the right order, the tank sleeve needs to fit through the cup slightly, and the rubber washer fit over the sleeve...mine dont.

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Chris, then you must either send them back or get out your rats tail file. The top hat sleeve should fit through the rubber washer and the cup. Ron

email (option): ronpier@talk21.com

thanks ron...

email (option): chris.astinbarker@btinternet.com

Nieuwe pagina 1