KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jonathan Thirkel Cox

Is the Jonathan Cox that appears on this site the one that was my best man at my wedding in '69? If so, I have been looking for you for over 30 years. Where are you? I am going fishing in New Zealand at Christmas for the rest of my life and would like to get in touch before I go. Any help out there?

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 62-66

Current location (optional) Northants

Re: Jonathan Thirkel Cox

I can't help with your enquiry Jess, but I can remark that you are now the third old boy who I know is to visit New Zealand this summer. What a bright lot you are. It's a great place. Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland-- NZ

Not visiting Bill, moving in. Invercargill area, just love it down there, even the beer.

You'll have to learn to roll your "r"s to live there! Best oysters in the world grow there-- but you must know that.Good luck with your move.Cheers.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 47-51

Current location (optional) Auckland-- NZ

Is it my imagination or where there two Jess Harpers at KBGS?

Don't recall another one Cedric. I was at KBGS 62- 66.My year included Wilf Lee from Sutton,Bernard Ideson and Steven Stupka from Cowling, various Baileys from Bingley, and a Gillingwater, There was a Jowett from Cullingworth and a lad called Gary Kirby who I always thaught would end up a bank manager! Don't recall another Jess Harper though.

There was Jess Harper in "Laramie" though.

Jess, if you like the odd beer and a bit of fishing try Douglas in the Isle of Man. Drop a hook and 'Thirkel' may bite.

I KNOW, IW! That is where I got my nickname from. Brian Steele,of chief superintendant fame, used to call me Del(as in Shannon)but it never stuck. I became the man from Laramie

Brian Steele

Brian Steele, what a good lad he was. And still is from what I could see when he appeared on Crimewatch a few years ago in his role as Chief Inspector.

He had a magnificent punch-up one break time with a certain Brian Wormald. A full turnout of all years ended only with Joe's entrance into the gladitorial arena. Anybody remember who won?

I should imagine Brian Steele did Craig. Frm what I remember he could handle himself pretty well. Not a trouble maker, but he had a great dislike of bullies. Bri was a year above me but he , for some reason, took a shine to me and looked after me, especially at the old school in town.

I agree Brian Steele was a great lad. If you are there Brian the pints are on me Chief Inspector Steele. But violent head butts are for Wilf Lee, Whittlestone, Helliwell and Cronshaw!

Craig, Bri Steele was a great friend of mine. And so was Wilf Lee. But it is my mission to locate JT Cox before I leave this country as he was always a great personal friend of mine. So if anyone out there could help me, please get in touch.
Thank you.