KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: The weird catchment area of KBGS

What about the Denholme lads, there were a whole pack of them used to travel to all the way to KBGS then Oakbank. One of them, the incomparable Nev Lumbers, claimed to have had intimate relations with a rather sexy bus conductress on a late night service. I remember the said conductress had very large busts and tight black trousers. Funny you never seem to see that kind of bus conductress any more.

Strangely enough, I can recall that salacious story of good old Neville Lumbers and the curvaceous sexy bus conductress. The technical aspects would be true because it took place on the back seat upstairs. Which as some of you will remember had three seats and was possible to stretch out on. That bus conductress was quite a forward individual who was popular with the lads If I remember. I don't suppose there would be many people on those late night Denholme buses as it weaved its way along the country lanes.

She was a comely wench that lively busty brunette bus conductress on the Denholme late night special. If Nev Lumbers did not squire her then I would have. Looking back it was better to be a confident forward KBGS type than a nervy sad teenager. Too late now.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1961-68

Current location (optional) Leeds

I remember that in my first year at KBGS(1948) we had lads in the form from Queensbury and they came by train, which meant that they had to be finished by a certain time to return home . I don't think they were able to take part in after school activities but memory fails me as to whether they finished early.I don't think so.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1948-54

Current location (optional) Bingley