KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Turkey, Greece and lovely Swedish ladies

No Greek islands for me at that stage. Having been around Anatolia and the east, the dalliance in Istanbul was but a brief interlude before moving on through the Balkans, an encounter with a young Croatian fellow with a knife, and 10 days stuck with broken wheel bearings and no money. All infinitely preferable to a PE lesson at KBGS. If Christmas drinks at the Brown Cow ever return I may pop in and exchange anecdotes.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Current location (optional) Leeds

Re: Frank Wellock

The first part of your statement, Vernon, reminds me that once, in my middle school years, I was last into the gym - can't remember why - but Frank had already started our class on its various activities. He must have been in a mood for some reason that day and he decided to take it out on me. He had a sawn-off cricket bat and he belted me so hard on my backside that it brought tears to my eyes; he then began taunting me in front of the whole class about not being able to "take my punishment like a man." The whole situation was so very unjust and I think whatever tears I shed were certainly in anger. So yes, I know what you mean. But, I confess, it was the only brush I ever had with him, though I think I was always wary of him after that incident.

Doug

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1951-58

Current location (optional) Keswick, Cumbria