KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Is sadistic Derek Cronshaw dead or not?

Yes he slapped me about too as an 11-year-old at KBGS. Then blew his bubbles on the desk at the front of the class at that first year block in Lawkholme Lane. Bespectacled pervert. If you are still alive Cronshaw I am coming for you and it will be unpleasant. Nottingham is reachable. I feel better for that! Funny how unpleasant memories never quite disappear. Harry Milton was his naive and innocent KBGS boss.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1961-68

Current location (optional) Queensbury

Re: Is sadistic Derek Cronshaw dead or not?

Philip Tolchard
Yes he slapped me about too as an 11-year-old at KBGS. Then blew his bubbles on the desk at the front of the class at that first year block in Lawkholme Lane. Bespectacled pervert. If you are still alive Cronshaw I am coming for you and it will be unpleasant. Nottingham is reachable. I feel better for that! Funny how unpleasant memories never quite disappear. Harry Milton was his naive and innocent KBGS boss.
I recall Cronshaw's sharp tongue. You would avoid sitting too close to one of the boys in our class, I'll call him Smith, not his real name, he had an elder brother in the school with the same problem. He arrived one day spruced up. Cronshaw greeted him with "Your turn for the soap Smith?"

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1954-1960

Current location (optional) Embsay