KBGS Old Boys' Forum

A place to discuss Keighley Boys' Grammar School. 

Terms of use.  Anonymous, offensive, or malicious postings will  be deleted. School-related topics only please. If you need to add a "family notice" reply to any of the current messages in that thread, and remember to change the Subject to the name of the newsworthy person.

KBGS Old Boys' Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone there?

Is this the end?

Re: Anyone there?

I'd been wondering that, myself.

However, I can't do with anonymous posters so count me out.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1953-58

Current location (optional) Brighouse

Near enough.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 55/60

Current location (optional) Harrogate

When one door closes a new one opens. Unfortunately I suspect that not many of us have found the way to the back door and we are only able to let others in if we know their email addresses.

Current location (optional) Leeds

Shaun Pye
When one door closes a new one opens. Unfortunately I suspect that not many of us have found the way to the back door and we are only able to let others in if we know their email addresses.
"Is there anybody there?" said the Traveller,
Knocking on the moonlit door;

Current location (optional) Brighouse

I am beginning to wonder about the old site . I will miss the names and comments on the wide variety of topics it contains .Pity to see it closing down like this . Seems as if "the Grim Reaper ' really did hate anything connected with the old school
poor sod , what a miserable sod he must be . Best wishes to ALL OF YOU for the many recollections of the daily life we had at KBGS . That's it from me Mike Nichols

There is a park bench (you can find a picture of it on the internet) with an engraved sign on it that says "In memory of XXXXX XXXXXXX, who hated this park and everyone in it.

@Mike Nichols

The people who know me, wife included, would agree with your every word and add a few of their own, too.

It seems that sitting at the feet of Kenny Preston teaches one to be able to roll with the insults.

------

@Shaun Pye: very perceptive. BTW: sorry I spelt your name wrongly in a previous comment.

------

But it still puzzles me why you are all mithering at me.

After all, I am the only one here who has made positive suggestions for rescuing the site. I am the only one who diagnosed the problem with the website and indicated possible solutions - none of which anyone in the intervening three months has addressed.

I refuse to get involved in a rescue attempt. Apart from being pointless, IMO, it would be hypocritical (Shaun's park bench, in other words).

BTW: since you have now got two threads running on this subject, I have had to post in both of them.

Anyway, the Grim Reaper has got a lot to do in these times of the plague. I'm sure we'll all meet up sometime soon...

Farewell, old comrades!

Why can't The Grim Reaper find a friend? The mystery continues.

Alec. An acquaintance who knows more about IT than I do suggests that the reason is that GR, and his alter ego TGoAW, don't get offers of friendship because they use an IP address that is there for the purpose of hiding the true IP address. He says that sometimes such a device is used by scammers and so on, but others use it simply so nobody can know who they are.
GR noted he regrets spelling my name wrongly. I appreciate that little gesture. Some people I've known for years continue to mis-spell my name. A game has been played and I quite enjoy games.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

He could be identified for sure if ever you should see two people together, Shaun, and one of them looks bored, chances are the other one is GR.

No Alec, I'm not GR.
My wife often looks bored when we are together.

Years at KBGS e.g. 1958-1964 (optional) 1958-65

Alec Jackson, Do you remember a harmonica player in the school yard or maybe it was in 1953-55?

KBGS authenticity: all experienced The Crush.

On one optimistic lunchtime, I wondered why there were no kids in the street as I headed for the bus station during break.

No I don't. That's a new one on me. Anyone else?